What have you heard? I have heard lots of street talk about Devon and Cotton Valley Oil. I still hear talk of deep oil. I hear talk of something "Big" but looking for more concrete info. What say you.

Views: 2778

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure Valence tested below the Haynesville.   And found there was nothing there worth producing so they made their completions uphole.  IMO, if there was commercial pay in liquid form below the completion depths, Valence or another company would be continuing to drill the wells.  And we would have heard more about it by now. 

Valence Wells since 2010 and permit depth. These should all be deeper than the Haynesville Shale. They are also vertical which doesn't make a lot of sense anymore with horizontal technology as well as the price of gas. It is also interesting to note that BP used 3 D seismic on this area prior to the drilling. If there is nothing there why keep drilling them that deep? Maybe to determine the pool? Secure more leases? Heavy oil that requires a different method or infrastructure to retrieve it? They don't do anything by accident.

Bailey #2 12500

Bivins Unit 1 #9 11000

Bivins Unit 1 #11 11000

Bivins Unit 1 #8 12500

George Robertson #3 12800

Fowler #2 12500

Mack Runnels #9 12500

Nancy Brewster #8 12800

Jordan #3 12800

Geo. Robertson #4 12800

Reese #3 12500

Bath B #10 12500

If nothing was there on the first couple of deep drills, why keep drilling them?

Natural Gas.

Not a the price gas has been the last few years.

There are plenty of gas wells being drilled in NW LA and E TX at this time.  Certainly not as many since the price has fallen but energy companies with leasehold prospective for gas drill what they have.  They don't close the shop and go on vacation.  Although we sometimes wish they would.

The drilling in Harrison County has dropped off considerably due the price. Devon is very active but according to rumor is finding oil in horizontal cotton valley wells. Doesn't make economic sense to drill horizontal gas wells only. The price is too low. The same logic would be used on the deep vertical wells...it hasn't made sense to look for gas and these units were already full of gas wells. They like Devon were looking for liquid.

And I don't think they found it or we would see evidence of that.  If they have been drilling since 2010 and have not found a larger energy company they can farm in by now, there is a reason.  There are plenty of mid-major horizontal drillers in this part of the world, including Devon, who would have acquired their rights well before today.

I guess we will see.

Please keep us posted on any new activity.  I'd love to be wrong on this one.

In what part of Harrison County are the Devon horizontal Cotton Valley wells?  (I have not quite figured out the RRC website yet.)

Along Little Cypress around 154 Eastward back over to Karnack. Basically northside of the county. Check their W-1 permits on the RRC.

Did you mean 134?  My map shows 134 running from Little Cypress Bayou to Karnack.  154 is west of Marshall.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service