PLEASE UPDATE ME: Are you still getting the "virus threat" message?

I have changed the adserver. I hope the site continue to run w/o the warnings. Please let me know. Thanks.

Keith

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just call 1-800-CHK-1GAS and someone at the call center should be able to help you.

80)
I was using another web site that was having similar problems, and now that other site gets blocked by Firefox itself, not just by separate antivirus. Apparently, Firefox has a builtin bad site checker that uses some list from Google. It pays to stay on top of such problems before you get into bad site lists that are hard to get off of.

I never saw warnings on GHS myself. I use Firefox, Comodo Antivirus, and run "Flashblock" and "Noscript" addons for Firefox.

Flashblock is great. It stops any flash from playing until you click on a little "play" button on the flash animation. Gets rid of a lot of nasty "flaming dog and dancing baby" ads and useless glitz and glamor.

NoScript blocks a whole lot of nasty stuff, but you have to invest some effort to use it. For instance, on GHS, you have to allow gohaynesvilleshale.com, ning.com, and sitesuites.net before GHS works right. NoScript takes some trial and error on the users part to get things working for some web sites.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service