Hello GHS friends,
I thought I'd let you guys be the first to know that the Blanchard Poke Salad Festival, held the 2nd Saturday in May, has chosen a HS related theme for this year's festival. We have had a lot of leasing and a lot of drilling activity in and around the Blanchard area, so we thought we would capitalize on the HS buzz. One Shale of Time is what we expect to have so make plans now to come to this annual event. We have a parade at 10:00 on May 9th and there is a 250.00 prize for the best float.

Now here's idea I could use some help with. Wouldn't it be funny if we had a tug-of-war contest between Chesapeake and Petrohawk? Or any drilling company vs another. Do any of you know drilling operators who would be interested in participating an tug of war event? If so, please have them call me at 929-7574. We would also be interested in having O&G vehicles in our parade. Certainly an O&G sponsor would be nice too. Any O&G want to put an information booth out?

Tags: companies, drilling, operators

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Annual Poke Salad Festival is underway - with a $1500.00 treausure hunt going on right now. Our theme is One Shale of a Time so I'd like all Haynesville Shalers to come to Blanchard this Saturday and enjoy our Festival. Tonight we have a FREE professional wrestling match from 7:00 - 8:00 at the Pavilion in Blanchard. Tomorrow we have the Church fish fry and auction and a Youth Concert. Saturday the parade is at 10:00 am and we expect lots of floats and beauty queens. Music starts at 11:00 and my band plays from 6:00 - 7:30 and Dixie Tradition closes the show starting at 8:00. It's all free except what you eat and rides you ride - but hey kids - FREE pony rides, face painting and Jelly the Clown AND FREE flower pots for mom at the Kid's Tent. It's a really cool Festival so come to Blanchard and check it out.
Sharon,
I know this is a silly question, but one that I just got to ask. Should I leave my beer at home saturday.
If my wretched memory serves me, we have been wet in Blanchard for a good while now.
Sounds like a great week-end! Wish I could be there.
The Poke Salad Festival is officially dry - we have no beer vendors. However, most folks at the street dance carry paper cups filled with liquid beverages of unknown content. :)

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service