Question for the experts:

My neighbors and I have noticed that our individual mineral interests on the latest royalty check stubs changed to a lower number. This is puzzling because the one thing that, we assumed, would be a constant is our mineral interest in the unit.
The size of our property does not change, nor does our percent of royalty. (25%)
What circumstances would cause our mineral interest or "payment decimal" (shown on our division orders) suddenly change to a lower number on our royalty payments?

Naturally, the price of NG changes as does the volume sold, which tabulates the net value but why would our interest in the production vary?
I did write to the Operator and the initial reply was.. "I have no idea". My reply that that was to request a referral to someone who would have an idea and could explain it. That request was sent to someone in "Production" and they sent the question to someone in "Revenue Inquiry" and copied to "Owner Inquiry DO" but there has been no response so far.
  • My neighbors and I own property in only one unit. T 15 R 14 S19
  • If the unit size (642) has increased, we are not aware of it.
  • As per our lease agreement, there are no deductions by the operator.

There may be a logical explanation to this and we would really appreciate knowing the reason. Among the illustrious collection of experts within the halls of the GHS, would someone please help us with this mystery?
Thanks so much.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ah ...thank you Dion,
You have finally answered the rest of the question. My neighbors, along with me, wondered why we had to "pay" the "difference".
The amount, individually, isn't much but combining all of the landowners in the section, it does add up.
If we are paid less than we should be on the next royalty payment, we will take the issue further.
Thanks again. This is very helpful information.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service