As published in The (Shreveport)Times, source Chesapeake Energy.  80)

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/assets/pdf/D916850211.PDF

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's kinda what I was thinkin Skip.  But, like you said, "ya never know" for sure.
My map of units does not show many Chesapeake units in the 71106 area.  Chesapeake has few units east of I49 in Caddo Parish.
Then it must be the receipents zip code.   The City of Shreveport and Parish offfices must be located in 71106. 

Not too many places to put wells in a highly populated area....  although I do have a friend who lives not far from "Out Back" who has a well almost in his backyard! 

What does this mean, is it by well location or payee location?
You're probably right on this one GoshDarn......   Anyway, it's interesting to see where most of the big bucks are going.   I know a lot of people who have large amounts of property/mineral rights in DeSoto Parish but they live in Shreveport. 

GD,

Even I don't read anything tricky or malicious in this.  Let's just take it for what it is -- an estimate of the amount of money pumped into northern Louisiana  I don't view it as spin or PR or anything else.  I actually found it interesting, even if I cannot explain it.  And it gave all of us, who obviously have way too much time on our hands, something to ponder over today.

Going to have my "massage" now.....

Henry,

You've hit the nail on the head, "way too much time on our hands."

About all I can read into such data is that CHK has sent $23,335,257 to residents of zip code 71106. I would guess that 71106 has more fat cats (CHK royalty owners) than the other zip codes listed. I have not researched it, but I don't think CHK has enough producing wells in that one zip code to pay that kind of royalty. 

Okay all you doubters.  Go to the DNR Home Page click on Haynesville Shale then click on the HA Well List.  Now click at the top of the spreadsheet column for Field and sort alphabetically.  Scroll through the list and I think you will find an impressive number of Caspiana HA wells by Chesapeake located in this zip.  Chesapeake's earliest development drilling was in Caspiana and to the immediate west in Johnson Branch and Bethany-Longstreet.

Skip,

I believe that zip code 71106 would be Cedar Grove field, partly in (T16N-R13W & T16N-R14W).

I'm just going by the map.  71106 runs all the way down to Red River and DeSoto parishes.  71115 would roughly correspond to the Elm Grove Field to the immediate east of Caspiana.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service