SNAPSHOT OF THE PLAY: HA UNIT ORDERS/APPLICATIONS BY TOWNSHIP - 04/27/09

Views: 429

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Buck. I track all the HA unit applications in the entire play. At least those townships with the shale. Obviously I can't answer specific questions on a township basis off the top of my head. On a section basis, it's a little more doable.
Skip I've heard rumors about this area S35-T14N-R15W Desoto Parish being included in a forced pool by Petrohawk can you clarify ?

Thanks, Rock
Rock. No Petrohawk application to form a drilling and production unit in this section has appeared on the public hearing schedule. Since this section does not have a unit order, it is possible that Petrohawk has sent a "pre-conference" letter to mineral owners in the section and those within 1000'. If that is the case, please see if you can get a copy of the letter and plat to upload to the site.
Very curious as to 16N-13W and 16N-12W. Is it all those are HBP with LCV wells?
b. J-W Operating has 9 of the 14 unit HA orders in the 2 townships. I would expect those were legacy areas. Acquired prior to the HS play for Hoss and/or CV development. The Elm Grove Field had a significant amount of CV development before the HS came on the scene. And operators with leasehold there lucked into the HS play without having to pay sky high bonuses. J-W has been less than successful in drilling HA horizontal wells. They are the butt of many industry jokes.
Skip,

Have you heard anything about sections 1,3 T11N R12 W, I am not sure I am reading the chart right. I have realatives that have land in that area although I am not sure I am right about the section #s
Sections 1 & 3 are currently not included in a HA drilling & production unit order or application. In Township 11N - 12W, Sections 4-6 - EOG, 7 & 9 - Chesapeake and 10,14-23,25,28-33 - SWEPI.
Thankyou, Skip it seems like they are in the area so that is a good sign.
Hello WP

I own land in S 2 and S 11of T11N R12W. Encana is drilling along Grove Hill Road in S10 and S15. We were contacted recently concerning a 12 - 16 inch pipeline that is proposed to run along that road by a company for Chesapeake. Seismic work is also being executed soon. At these prices, I am willing to wait for the drilling companies to perfect their techniques. I have heard that Chesapeake leased much of the Timberstar land in our area. Who did you lease to? Good Luck RC
Between Camterra and JW, certain sections are locked up unfortunately it seems. Questar is making a push which is very good. My thinking (hope) would be some of these smaller companies's assetts will be "acquired" at some poiint. Encana also has some land-keeping our fingers crossed but at these prices-waiting wouldn't be bad.
b. I think it likely that Camterra and J-W would be in the market for an experienced JV partner. I suspect their asking price was a little high last year. The longer the ng price depression continues, the better the chance a deal may get done. It sure would help if the credit market would thaw.
Yep. RIght in the middle of the "sweet spot". Curious to see what the Questar wells do. thanks

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service