Shale news is soooooo slow and I am bored. I am wondering whatever happened to some of the most verbal players in the beginning of this site. Mooncookie, Jim Crow, Snake Stewart, Kassi, Jay (the other Jay--not Shale Geo).  There were others whose names I have now forgotten who are also lost. Did you all metamorphosize into our newer peers. If not, let's hear from you all again

Views: 950

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes they were, Skip, yes the were. Full of characters.
I stopped by GHS.com several days ago  to contact someone I got to know through the site a long time ago, someone I've never met but this person has had a significant  impact on my life and we keep in touch.   Our online friendship never had one thing on earth to do with the Haynesville Shale but it is something I value much more than a monthly royalty check.  I composed my reply that day,  then tried to edit it and lost it, but  didn't have time right then to try to find it.    

kittycatmama asked where some of the oldtimers had gotten off to?  I can only speak for myself, though  I was never a verbal player,  I used to enjoy posting here almost daily.  I have no negative feelings whatsoever toward GHS.com nor anyone here and I hope my comment  doesn't sound negative but I believe quite a few non-O&G members drifted away because a few other members (both publicly and privately)    took advantage of every opportunity to express their opinion  that GHS.com was intended to be strictly O&G related, even though Keith would always  say it wasn't. 

So many friendships were born here  perhaps because so many of us live in the same area or are familiar with this region.  Some have profited from the Haynesville Shale monetarily but I have to believe all of us are happy we got to know new friends here and there's no telling how many other members stay in touch with each other besides the ones I know personally. 

Snake, Pat, Bobi, two Cathys and a Kathy, Cannie and Jean, Lisa, Pam, Paul, Tammie and others are alive and well on Facebook, sharing a lot of fun as well as a lot of support and encouragement through some difficult times.   "Dorcheated" missed his calling, he should have been a stand-up comedien.  Last week he was trying to decide what to wear to a Hare Krishna bake sale and wondering whether one should take a gift to a Pity Party?  

When I joined GHS.com (invited by Snake Stewart), I thought natural gas had been discovered in Haynesville, LA.  Thanks to this site and this site alone, I've learned more about natural gas exploration than I ever would have imagined possible and I learned because of the way the information was presented, the format of GHS.com.  I'm the student who needs a little fun mixed with the seriousness of my lessons!

So,  thank you again, Mr. Mauck!  I'll bet you've never realized GHS.com served such an unexpected  alternate purpose.      I've explored the new Google social networking site  Google+.  I dunno' - I've never gotten such a blinding headache so fast in my life  but GHS.com+ might work!! 

I miss you Rosebud.

I miss you, too, Two Dogs!    I haven't spent much time online this year - I'm hoping things are beginning to settle down and I can get back to my so-called life.

Hi Rosebud!  Gee, how nice to read all of these posts from the "pioneers".  As for myself, a move from Shreveport to a little further east kinda took the wind outa my sails ;)  I messed up my original page and even though Keith did help, I never got it up & running again as I wanted.  Anyway, I certainly have lurked here from time to time to try to keep up with what is happening in the shale.  My good friend Skip is the best to keep us all properly informed and "grounded" even though he did slip on a Banana Peel (pun intended) with his hilarious update of all those great Star Shalers!  I & my husband have leases under two O&G companies  and we derive much current information from this site.  Thanks to Keith for keeping it going and developing it with such integrety so as to become a very important place to receive the best information possible on the ongoing activity of the Haynesville Shale! 
Gee thanks Louzanne.
nice post Rosebud
Thanks Rosebud - GHS was the first social network for most of its members if I had to guess. Nice to hear from you!
Keith, landmen.net was my first and GHS was my second, 10 years difference between first and second social network. I knew your family before my GHS membership.

I remember seeing you out at Toledo Bend when this all got started. It's a small world indeed!

Well said Rosebud.......     My "other life" kicked in for a while, but I'm still here, and looking forward to hearing from a lot of my GHS friends again.

Linda Whatley

In case anybody is wondering.... "my other life" involves grandchildren!  One will be arriving from California tomorrow, and will be staying with us for a week.  While Nathan is here, I'm sure we'll get a few visits from the other twelve who live closer by.  ....  Life is GREAT!!!!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service