Whitton #1H Well, Serial #686525, Shelby County H&P #418 Rig, Devon

Does anyone know anything about this well? Are there any members on here that are in the Gates Survey? Or have minerals around the Gates Survey? I saw the Rig last Thursday and Friday but really don't know what I am looking at. Any help?

Tags: County, Devon, Shelby, Timpson

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was some previous discussion on the Whitton 1-H at this link:

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/shelbycounty/forum/topics/t...

And here's the W-1 info from the TRRC:
http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPubli...
Daniel - my family (Whittons) hold 110.5 acres in the A.H. Gates and are waiting to hear how the well is going. So far I have not heard anything, but I am dying to hear what the outcome of the exploritory results are. My only source of legit information is from the people on here, so hopefully we will get another update.

The last update I got was,
" Reply by jffree1 on December 22, 2009 at 2:57pm -
As of 12-18-09, H & P rig #396 was drilling. The well spud on 10-20-09. This is as accurate as the reports given to Baker Hughes and may not be up to date."

Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow during the Devon investor symposium;

OKLAHOMA CITY, Jan 12, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE: DVN) today announced its management will present at the IPAA Oil and Gas Investment Symposium in Hollywood, Florida, on Tuesday, January 19, 2010, at 1:40 p.m. Eastern Time. The event will be available to the public via internet webcast. A link to the webcast will be accessible from Devon's home page at www.devonenergy.com on the date of the event.

Devon Energy Corporation is an Oklahoma City-based independent energy company engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. Devon is a leading U.S.-based independent oil and gas producer and is included in the S&P 500 Index. For additional information, visit http://www.devonenergy.com/.

SOURCE Devon Energy Corporation
According to Baker/Hughes from 1/15/2010 it is still drilling:

HELMERICH & PAYNE 396 Land WHITTON 1 H Development 10/20/2009 Gas Horizontal EAST TEXAS BASIN TEXAS SHELBY
D.Gaar - Thank you for the update
And now for another of those dumb questions...
"what is the normal time frame in the area for the average well in the area?"
It's not a dumb question Bill R but there is not a satisfactory answer.
Okay, has anyone heard anything more on Whitton 1H? I dropped an Email to Devon, but still have not heard anything back. I know it is now designated as a gas well, however it would be nice to hear the outcome of it.
I think they are still running pipeline! I did not see a gas gathering system attached to this well when I looked at the RRC map today.
Thank you... will keep playing the ol' wait and see...
AT LAST....

Whitton Gas Unit #1H, Devon Energy: 6.650 MMcf/day on an adjustable choke; Carthage Field (Haynesville), Shelby Co.

Little less from the hole than I thought it would be... but I am not complaining about it!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service