I love what everyone on the site has to offer, but aren't there some folks that you just perk up and listen when they have something to say?

Views: 183

Replies to This Discussion

Snake,

I for one appreciate your sentiment.
parker - I echo that sentiment, as I point out the first sentence in my response to Mr. Stewart.

Mr. Stewart - Without qualifiers as to who someone may or may not be, how about just plain nobody gets a free pass to demean & belittle during the course of debate, discourse, or questioning? Seems it just usually spins out of control and becomes unproductive/counterproductive to the purpose here, IMHO. :0)
Ah again we are almost on the same page so to speak. But there have been passes it would seem or 95 pages of KB material (landowner based help) wouldnt have vanished again. Granted , 42 pages of that were probably political but you get the drift.

And yes , to an extent it is about qualifying oneself. If you have been here doing the work ,putting in the time, helping people as best that you can, you are allowed some room.

Mr. Krow is a fine example.We have had several head butting contests in the past so you cant say that I am saying this because we are best buds or even friends. But Mr. Krow has been here, putting in the time, establishing who he is, on this site. I dont always agree with Mr. Krow because his view has an O&G lean. Its supposed to, he is O&G. But his time and efforts here, allow him the benefit of the doubt so to speak in my book. We havent had harsh words in quite some time. I hope that we never do again.

But at the end of the day, this site was started to inform mineral owners and everyday people that would be affected, about what the Haynesville shale was and is going to be.
It wasnt started, as far as I can tell, to help landmen organize or better improve the positions of people trying to buy minerals from unsuspecting ignorant people.

A byproduct of this site has indeed become a looking glass into the hearts and minds of mineral owners(which helps O&G) as well as the industry people that have given of their time in a positive way, as well as in a negative way,by showing us kinda what makes them tick (which helps landowners know a little of what to expect in their future dealings). It is a trade off of sorts. I show you some of the cards in my hand , you show me some of yours. Each side benefitting, albeit in a somewhat uneven but livable manner.

The needs of the mineral owner outweigh, by far, the needs of the industry as far as this site goes, IMO. Why ? Because I am a landowner. Thats the way its supposed to be from a landowners perspective. Without sounding too harsh, the more profitable a deal is for one of these O&G guys, the less profitable it was for the landowner. Does it make less of an impact because I may not have known that landowner ? NOPE ! This part aint rocket science. It simple economics. Its not personal , its bizness.

I wish many O&G types on here the best of luck. Unless you are anywhere near my neck of the woods. Then I hope that you fail misserably in holding down lease bonus prices/royalty percentages and that ORRI dries up and becomes non-existant because all extra stayed in the mineral owners pocket.

After this is all said and done and the O&G business is taken care of, many of these peeps that dont really care for ole Snake on here , would find that I am a nice,pleasant guy to be around most of the time. We will try to coexist and benefit however that we can for now. But until then ,I dont care if they stamp out a real good living if it involves my gas. I dont mean that in an extra ugly way.I would love for them to just break even around here. That cant happen , I know, or they couldnt stay in business. But on the other hand , they sure did lease up a lot of land for peanuts prior to the cat gettin out of the bag, didnt they ?

This site is for learning, but not at the expense of the landowner. For the benefit of the landowner.If that isnt the goal, we have lost our way.
Feelings are gonna get hurt. Too many egos, including mine!
Fussin' and fighting among family members is almost like an American tradition.
As long as questionable issues are at stake or possible pitfalls in a lease that may be lurking for mineral owners, that type of discussion/argument should never be deemed as counterproductive. Personal unwarranted attacks are something totally different. Good luck with holding those at bay.

Peace out.
Snake
Now you made me have to talk to myself again. lol

I will most certainly vouch that you are a pleasant, mostly easy-going, fun-loving person to be around. Waayyyy back (in my archives) to when I offered you $50 if you'd be my negotiator. ha, ha

That said, and not to be argumentative, simply to point out, in the upper left corner of the main page, H. has this "mantra."

"All things pertaining to the Haynesville Shale and making the Ark-La-Tex central to Natural Gas (CNG) exploration & development. "

So, yes, everyone came here ... everyone. And we have learned ... will continue to learn ... immensely ... from each other.

Have a glorious remainder of this Sunday enjoying the extra hour of evening light!

sesport :0)
Hi Snake:

No offense pal, but you can't carry KB's intellectual jockstrap. She can whip all out butts when she's on a roll....:-)

Best,

Jay
Jay,

See, I knew we could eventually agree on something.

I look forward to your response in tales from the other side.
Hi Jay:

I have never been accussed of being stupid enough to try and carry KB's intellectual jockstrap, so no offense taken. Never really been accussed of carrying anybody elses jockstrap intellectually or fabrically ( Is that a word ?)
Too much of a burden carrying my own, I guess. :-P
KB,

I don't know about you but I am complimented by Chivalry not insulted by it.
Jay Murrell,
You want to talk about intent? You have made your personel intent obvious since your first post on this site. And then you have repeated it about a thousand times. Why do you throw stones at others that have a different point of view? That is what this site is all about. I will admit that I have been guilty of the same things, but I have learned that everyone does not have the same opinion, and I can not make them have my opinion by posting on this site. But it also serves no purpose to say the same BS over and over again thinking that you are going to "convert" everyone on this site to believe like you do. Give us a break, please. Contribute what is helpful, keep the rest of it to yourself. Sorry, but you are not the smartest guy on this site. You have some good info, but a lot of other people do also. And they may disagree with you.
Have a great day.
Without the initial efforts of Kassi last year, ringing the warning bells, I would have been another casualty of the O&G machine. Just like every other person that didnt have a clue when the landmans came a calling.
DrWaveSport is another gladiator that stood in the gap early on.

Without these two people, as well as others like them, hollering at the tops of their lungs, this site wouldnt even have been necessary. Most would be under a crappy lease with no protections ecologically or economically. As a matter of fact, all of the wonderful information that we get from our resident experts wouldnt be needed either. Because if everyone was under lease, the info wouldnt be as meaningfull. Not if you couldnt use it.

With all the warmth and love that seems to be oozing out of every other pore of this site, remember one thing if you are an unleased mineral owner on the Haynesville Shale. Do not get sucked in by that warm fuzzy feeling until after you have signed. Dont forget where you come from or where they come from.We live in different worlds. At least I did before the HS!

Peace Out,
Snake
I bet she's purtyer then you.
And the other "-ism", Earl? I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend your right to hold and express it. :0)

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service