I leased with Porter working for Chesapeake back in July. I had a good Exibit A. They had me sign the lease and the Exibit A page. On the lease there was a place for them to sign but on the copy they gave me no one signed for them- only my wife and I signed it.
On the exibit A page there was just a spot for me and my wife to sign and it said "for identification only" where we signed the exhibit a.
The Porter folks did not sign anything.
With reading about all the underhanded stuff the oil companies and leasing agents do I wonder if they could just throw away the exhibit a page and act like it never existed. There was a spot in my lease pages where it said that if the language in the lease conflicted with exhibit A then exhibit A would overide the language in the lease or something to that effect.
I have heard that Porter and Chesapeake were some of the more straightforward honest companies to deal with.
How can I find out if they threw away my addendum page or if it is with the lease as it should be?
Thanks,
Jack

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the advice and opinions from all. I'll start by contacting Porter and asking them for a fully executed copy. Thanks, for thinking of that.
Jack Blake
Best of Luck !!!! As much as I hate it I may have to resort to more lawyers to get Cheasepeake to pay what they agreed to pay in a signed lease. The good news is under La law an oil and gas lease does not have to be signed by the oil company who is leasing only the land owner. So that is good news!!!
Jack Blake thinks Landmen are better than attorneys. If a Landman were on fire I would piss on him to put him out. If an Attorney were on fire I would piss on a tree instead of the Attorney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, unfortunately I have been in business (not gas and oil) and it is never fun to have to resort to attorney's to protect yourself , however when you are in need of one it becomes a necessity that you cannot avoid. They can be a great especially when you get reimbursed all your legal fees at end of the lawsuit.
Yep you're right. Best of luck. Gottas deal with Satan sometimes.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service