Does anyone have a summary of meeting held at Bellaire Baptist last night (Thursday, July 10)? It was formed rather hastily and I couldn't juggle my schedule, but I'd like an update on the meeting or contact info for the group. Thanks.

Views: 51

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend this meeting at our home church. My parents went and said that there was some good information provided and pointed out another meeting being held this Tuesday at the church (old Coleman Brothers/SWAT building) just outside South Gate (main enterance). I don't know all of the specifics but in gist there is a group forming with folks who own mineral rights in and around Bossier and their goal is to gather a large number of acres and present it to O&G for offers. My father said that thus far the group has gone to O&G with 50k and 30% per acre and in the speakers word "laughed at" but they did say that they got a lot further (O&G interest) with 30k and 30% per acre provided they can come with more acreage. I do not believe that they are doing this for a % of your royalties or your bonus, they are just a group of mineral owners that decided to do something not many others were willing to do in Bossier. If this is true, my family and I will most likely join this group and accept what is offered.

Hopefully, my father will have more news to share with me on Tuesday after the meeting as I am out of town. I'll see about getting him to join this site and share first-hand.
I attended one of the meetings with the group at the old SWAT bldg. about 2 weeks ago. Did not attend the one last Tues. But my understanding is that the people that began this group realized that they would be able to get a better deal if they came to O & G people with a huge acreage. To do this they need lots of landowners to join them. They are not asking for money from landowners or a % of sign on or royalties. Sounded like there were 5 or 6 people that would be involved in the negotiating. They will be refining a lease agreement that would cover landowners interests. These people will negotiate for the group, all getting the same per acreage and royalties, but when it comes time to sign at the end of the negotiating each landowner decides whether to sign or not, and does his/her own signing. It sounded like a fair deal to me.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service