I searched this site and did not see a map of prospective area for the brown dense.  I did see Southwestern's play map in its latest presentation.  Does anyone know if anyone else has a map of the brown dense play area?  Thanks

Views: 4477

Replies to This Discussion

I don't recall where I got this, but I think it was from this site.  This only shows Arkansas.  I annotated it with some well information gleaned from other sources, again most likely found from this forum.  I had to compress it to get it under 7MB.  I hope you can open it.

Attachments:

Do you have the Louisiana part?

Great map; thanks for posting.  What do the blue boxes in some of the sections signify?  I didn't see anything in the key to clarify.

I assume you mean the squares outlined in blue. Those are the townships, which have dimensions of  6 miles in both the east-west and north-south directions. If you zoom in on a township, you can see that it is composed of 36 1-mile-square sections.

Thanks for your reply.  The townships are outlined in gray on my screen.  Actually I meant some of the sections, many of which, when I first pulled up and zoomed in on the map, had blue boxes (solid blue, not outlines) around the numbers.  I just looked at the map again, however, and now there are only one or two such blue boxes visible, whereas earlier there were many (probably hundreds!).  Evidently there's something weird going on with the internet or my computer (possibly you're thinking I may have a screw loose myself, but I really did see them and still do see a few!).  Anyway, my question is answered--they mean nothing at all, apparently.  Thanks for your patient and kind help!

Virginia, Those blocks showed up on my screen also. I thought that maybe they showed the lease status of the section, but they faded out on my screen also. The only fact I can give you is that they were there for a while. A little blue rectangle across the middle of the section.

I think what is happening is you are dragging your cursor across the townships/sections and blocking them off, e.g. like when you cut & paste on a document.  When it happens is your cursor looking either like an arrow or a capital "I"? 

I tried again and dragging the cursor had no effect. It could be that I need to update my Adobe software. There was a blue rectangle in somewhere between a half and two thirds of the sections.  They were there when the map loaded. The first thing I thought was that was the sections where SWN alerady had controling intrest.  I went to get some coffee and when I got back they were blinking out. There are none there now. Just a curosity.

I do not.  Sorry.  I attended the Louisiana Mineral Law Institute last week and a geologist presented some information on the Brown Dense, but the map included in her materials is from SWN so I assume it is the same as referenced above.  The only other maps I've seen look sort of haphazard:  http://oilshalegas.com/smackoverbrowndense.html

The link to the arkansas map is:

http://www.geology.ar.gov/maps_pdf/fossilfuels/SmackOver.pdf

it is updated from the one Robert sent (thanks Robert). and shows 6 wells now.

It looks as if well number 5 on the above map is the Weiser-Brown vertical well in the SW quarter of section 35 T18S R17W, permitted on 1/4/2012 for 9200 feet. later amended to 9500 feet. The permit no. is 45417 and well name is SWF Red River Land #1, located very near Hwy 15 about 7 miles northeast of Three Creeks. This well seems to have gone pretty much under the radar, but it is also shown on SWN's latest map. Several documents relating to this well are on file at the AOGC database. The latest document, dated 3/7/2012, show that the well has been drilled to 9300 feet and electric log has been run. Maybe someone more familiar than I am with logging terminology can get more info from this J-W Wireline work report.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service