Anyone with land in these sections have recent lease offers? Chesapeake is setting up a rig to drill to 18,000' total with 12,000' vert & 6000' horz. in my neighbors back yard, about 3000' from Stonewall-Preston Rd. and I am not leased. Only have 1.16 acres, any info will help, thanks

Views: 100

Replies to This Discussion

I am about 5 miles east of you in Sec. 13 but there is a member here that is in Sec. 20. He is Robert Griffin in Stonewall. Go to the "Ya'll" section here and then enter his name in the blank. You can go to his page here and leave him a comment that you want to ask about lease offers. There is also a Robert Griffin in Longview so make sure you have the right one.
Thanks for the tip insomnicanla, I'll start there. I think the land that is being drilled on behind me was an existing lease; I think the owners might have had a @250.00 acre lease that was in the last months of the last year of the lease so they probably missed the large lease money but the well is being considered a unit well and from the paperwork it appears the owner has over 100 acres so they'll come out fine if it hits.
I saw another post of yours where you were asking about any Stonewall negotiating groups. Kassi Fitzgerald live about a mile from you and I think she is still accepting land into her group. She is the one that is a panelist at the City of Shreveport meetings if you have been to those. She knows what she is doing. Do you want her email address? She also has a page here on this site. I think some of her last posts mentions that she feels like everyone over here should be getting $20,000 per acre. Good luck in your leasing!
Thanks Insom, I saw her in The Shreveport Times and on this site, I read a reply she had made to someone else on here and got her email address from it, I just emailed her about 5 mins. ago. I think the Stonewall area really owes her a BIG thanks cause she has been all over this stuff way before most of the rest of us and I think we can trust her to give us the truth as she finds it out. Thanks again
Hi Rick,

Yes, my 10-acres is in 15N-14W-S20, on Stonewall-Preston Rd.) but I have not received any offers yet. Probably because my property has changed hands in my family twice since 1997 and the landmen either can't find my address, I live out of state, or 10-acres is small potatoes to them (more likely).

To the best of my knowledge there has been only one (1) Haynesville Shale horizontal well drilled in NW DeSoto. That is the Chesapeake 18,200 ft. (11640 ft. Vertical and 18200 total depth) NELSON 18H that completed drilling just 2 weeks ago in the far SW corner of 15N-14W-S18. Well number is 237992. Do you have any more details on the new well you mentioned above.

You should be aware, however, that Chesapeake has drilled, in the last 6-9 months, 12-14 deep horizontal Haynesville Shale wells in a Southwestly direction right along the Caddo side of the Caddo-DeSoto line from Keithville to 15N-15W (where, incidently, ShaleGeo on this site said he lives.) The Sonris website does not show any production data for these wells.

The only real organized landowner effort in West Stonewall, or anywhere in N. DeSoto that I know of, has been organized by "kassi" on this site. She has personally done extensive research on the mineral lease and surface rights issues, selected an attorney, prepared a lease and is already in the negotiation phase or soon will be. Her email address is kassi205@aol.com . Encourage all your friends and neighbors to contact her, now. Strength in numbers.

Good luck and stay in touch rgriffin333@yahoo.com .

Robert Griffin
Mr. Griffin, thanks for you reply, Insomniacnla on this site had mentioned you to me but I hadn't had a chance to check in with you yet. I am holding a copy of the attorneys papers that represents Chesapeake Operating, Inc. in their interest in the Haynesville Zone, Reservoir A, in Caspiana Field, Caddo/DeSoto Parishes. That paperwork was to inform me and all other affected land owners in Sect. 18 & 19 that they were applying to the state of LA for rights to create (1) additional drilling and production unit, to be designated HA RA SUJ to explore for gas in the Haynesville Zone. Also, to force pool and unitize all seperately owned tracts within HA RA SUJ and to designate Cheasapeake as unit operator and to designate Chesapeakea Operating Unit, Inc.-Nelson 18H No.1 Well as the unit well for HA RA SUJ. And to extend the Office of Conservation Order No. 191-H which defines the Haynesville Zone.
Now I don't know where your information on the Nelson well you mentioned came from, but it sounds identical to the information posted in the Shreveport Times Locations and Completions section of the Sunday paper 2 weeks ago pertaining to the well I am speaking of; however, I know for a fact that the Nelson 18H-1 hasn't been finished because I can see the location out my back door and they just set the rig up on site Tuesday, July 8, 2008. Also, the last legal notice I got from the law firm shows that the final hearing on the drilling request for this well dosen't take place until next Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 9:00AM in Baton Rouge, LA, so if they have started drilling, they must be doing it without the states consent.
Thanks for your interest and reply, I would recommend that anyone you know or that reads this post, organize quickly and watch the results of this well closely, with it being their unit designation well in this section, I feel like it could have a big impact on how leases go around it in the near future. I encourage area residents to not be tricked or fooled by low-balling landmen, Chesapeake is very interested in land in these and surrounding sections and will be investing alot of money in this well proving it, so it is to their benefit to have everyone's land and to keep competitors out!
Rick,
I'll be the first to admit just a little knowledge of mineral leasing, drilling, etc. My mistake was assuming that the Sonris well data was actual or measured data. Not so. I just spoke with the Section 19 landowners' group leader, Gilbert Gragg (925-0708) who lives on Burford Rd. in Stonewall. He confirmed your info that the road in to NELSON 18H is in but the drilling platform construction is not even completed yet. They are limiting members to their group to Section 19 only. Best of luck to you sir.

Robert G.
Mr. Griffin, some more information on the Nelson 18-H-1 well previously mentioned. On the home page of this site, under Helpful Links, if you click on Schedule of Public Hearings, it will pull up a schedule listing of public hearing associated with these filings that the drilling companies are required to file and it is posted as public information. If you scroll down the column until you come to July, 15, 2008, then under that date select 08-975 Caspiana Field, Hearing notice, you can pull up the actual attorneys paper work that I have copies of. It is word for word as mine and includes a map of the Section, Township and Range and shows exactly where the Nelson 18-H-1 location is. That actual physical location is approximately 2500 ft. more or less, from Stonewall-Preston Road and the rig can be seen from the asphalt road at night. I'm sure access is probably prohibited since the entry road crosses private property but Chesapeake did not spare any expense building the whiterock road and drilling site. I think the land owner had an existing lease from a couple of years ago and was in the last few months of the last year of the lease so it benefited Chesapeake to go ahead and drill before the lease expired and they got the lease for about $250.00 an acre. But they have enough experience and over 70 test holes in this area and they are not just randomly drilling there, so since most of the area land owners are probably already tied to existing 3 year leases, some will be running out soon and they will probably increase drilling rapidly if this well does well.
Rick,

I am not an expert on this by any means but I think that once an oil/gas company is issued a permit from the Department of Conservation, they can get on with their drilling. They do not have to wait for the unitization hearing to be held and for the Order to be issued. I think that the unitization hearings do not affect the drilling, that it just has to do with production and who gets paid what and/or force pooling issues. I think that Chesapeake being appointed as operator is just a formality since they probably own the majority of the leases in the section already.

I, too, was worried last month because I had not been contacted by any of the larger o/g companies. If you are out of Kassi's group area or if you want to try and lease on your own, you do not have to wait for the o/g companies to contact you. You can contact them yourself. Just let me know and I will send you their websites if you wish to contact the companies that way.
Thanks for the offer of the company websites. I have looked up several links but most are for investor contacts or just a corporate link. Any contact info you could send me for any or all the drilling companies you know would be appreciated very much. Best of luck.
Robert G.
rgriffin333@yahoo.com
Robert,

Even though it may seem like you are leaving your lease info in an inappropriate category, that is exactly what I did. I know that it sounds weird to do it this way but I did get responses the very next morning from 2 companies.

Go to the oil/gas company website and look for "Owner Relations" or "Lease Inquiry" or "Royalty Inquiry". In the subject line of the email, I put my Section, Township and Range. Leave your amount of land, the last time you leased (if it applies), I put that I knew I owned my mineral rights and all of your contact info, name, number and address. I think that the companies are responding to their emails a lot faster than the landmen are returning calls. Here are some for some of the larger companies:

Chesapeake is www.chk.com or you can send your email to them here at oinquirydo@chk.com

XTO Energy is www.xto.com

Petrohawk is www.petrohawk.com
Here are the Haynesville wells (in permitted stage) that I found in 15N/15W:

237993, 237994, 237384 and 237111

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service