GAS LEASE!!!-What we really should be doing is learning how to read a gas lease.

Can anyone in DeSoto Parish go to the clerks office and get a copy of a gas lease?
Remember it is not what is in the lease that is most important it is what is "not in the lease" which can come back to bite you.

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

The only thing I wanted was to see a lease I am 700 miles away and can't go to the clerks office or believe I would be compiling and comparing leases.

Thanks for the information. I just thought that there are a lot of other people like me who have never seen a gas lease.
Contract with a good lawyer and don't worry about it.
There were also some lease forms included in a presentation of the La. Oil and Gas Association. Here's a link to their Haynesville Shale presentation page:

http://www.loga.la/Content/LIOGA/IndustryNewsStats/HaynesvilleShale...

This might help. I'm sure there are lots of people involved in this play who have never seen a lease! Don't feel like you're alone.
If you really want to learn how to read a gas lease you must have a basic knowledge of the drilling and production of a gas well. If you don't, you're a sheep in a 50 acre field surrounded by wolves. It's the only way to protect yourself unless you hire the services of someone who knows the business. I could write an entire book here on lease terminology but I'll leave it to the forum to fill in the blanks.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service