A W-1 was filed today for this well.  Its just west of Trinity TX, so almost in Houston or Walker County. 

Good to see the county get some love.  Its obviously a Georgetwon/Buda/Eaglebine test. 

Tags: Buda, Eagle, Eaglebine, Ford, Georgetown, Trinity, Woodbine

Views: 2301

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Lucky and dbob....That's the most information I've heard on this activity in awhile.  It is indeed good to hear that ZaZa is still hangin' in there and have taken on a partner.  There is still some rumors of independent landmen knocking on doors in the area...even saw a live one the other day driving down FM230...he had a sign on his door and I got a quick glimpse of it, but couldn't make out all it said.  Maybe he'll slow down next time and I can get some better reading time with my glasses on!  

Has any news surfaced about this well?

Howdy Sonny...

You might check with some of the ranchers to the West of the well's location and see if they have heard anything...pretty sure that they are watching this well and its development quite closely due to the proximity of it to properties that they hold an interest in....    

Thanks.  I have property leased to EOG ~1 mile to the south of this well.

I'm fairly close to the county line on FM 230, Sonny....just before it goes into Houston County.  There is a lot of activity on the Eastham Farm and around Weldon...as you already know.  It seems like the interest stops at the river to our south and the county line to our west...maybe the oil company and lease folks are just getting their ducks in a row before coming our way...time will tell.  I must say that it has been interesting and entertaining watching the play unfold!   

Where are you located and who is your lease with?  EOG has leased most everything along the river from our place on 230 at Turner Hill all the way to the bridge at Riverside. 

Not far from the FM 3478 cut off...we have not leased as of yet...haven't even been approached about leasing.  All we have heard is that there is an "interest" in exploration in our area and pretty much all of the property along the Houston County line to our West is under lease and there is lease activity across the river to our South.  The lease people just haven't crossed the county line or the river to come into the Kittrell area, yet...so we just keep waiting and watching.  

I was riding around Kittrell, Trinity, West Trinity ( if that is the correct name...Turner Hill, Gospel Ranch, Wiggins Hill, etc. ) late last week and had the chance to visit with one of the older Ranchers in the area.  He said that he had looked at this well and saw "raw crude" pooled in some areas around it....but no further sign of activity, personnel wise, around the site.  Guess that is as good a sign as we are going to get 'til the Big Boys want to let the cat outta the bag.....  

Well is capped. Looks like it was fracked and then they capped it. Moving frac tanks out now. Location is empty besides the few frac tanks that are still there.

Thanks for the information,  Lucky

Now, in your opinion what does this imply by the well being capped? 

I guess that I gotta play the optimist, Lucky.  My thoughts are that it was done to keep it quiet for awhile so they can work the leases to their advantage.  Now, this might be sneaky, but it's like playin' poker with a good hand...and in their eyes, business is business.  They probably don't need a lot of news comin' out about this well if they are trying to negotiate leases in that area.  Now, on the other hand...it could be a dud and they packed up, licked their wounds, healed up and haired over...and went off to look somewhere else.  I reckon time will tell....but, I'm hopin' it's a good'un for the folks involved.            

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service