Are there any Jackson Parish landowners on this site?? If so, maybe you know more about this shale play than I do, and can share some info. I've learned a great deal, just by sitting back and reading the comments on this website. Just hoping that the shale does extend into Jackson Parish. I know the "potential" is there. GO HAYNESVILLE SHALE!!

Views: 539

Replies to This Discussion

Ashley;
I was reading the wrong land description for my land in Jackson Parish. It is in Twn 14N Range 4W. It still is in the southwest corner of Jackson Parish unless Ms. Walsworth or Mr. Brown have moved me.
Hi !!!

Has any of you been approached about leasing your land for drilling? I own 40 acres in Jackson.

Kay
Hey Kay!! I have not yet been approached about leasing, but I sure hope that it happens. Just hearsay but a man told me the other day that he believes they will be coming to Jackson Parish, but he said it may take 1-2 years before that happens. Only time will tell. I'm learning to be more patient, its just so exciting. Do you know the section, township, and range for your property? I leased 3 years ago and term ended in January. Nothing was ever done. Thankful of that now, just in case there may be opportunities for the Haynesville.
Hey Ashley!! I leased 3 years ago to Anadarko and my lease runs out in December. I have been approached this week by 2 companies to lease, Exco and Manhattan Minerals. Exco is telling me that they are definitely going to drill. My land is in section 17 and they are two wells being drilled in section 8 which is right by mine. They tell me that I am not in the Haynesville. I am in the Cotton Valley formation. Exco told me that one man wanted $10,000 an acre. They were not going to pay it. Wouldn't that be sweet if they did? Where is your property located?
Hi Kay! My property is in Weston. T 15N, R 2W. Is your property in Vernon? I dont believe that they have ever drilled in Weston, just wishful thinking on my part. It would be so AWESOME if they did. Anyway, I hope that you will seek legal advice before deciding. Ive gotten alot of great advice on this site from other land owners. I do not know much about this OetG stuff, but I have a hard time trusting them after reading so much here. I feel that they may not be truthful about Haynesville Shale being here, because then they wouldnt have to pay as much for leases. I found an article pertaining to Exco stating that they were going to increase their budget for the remainder of 08 to focus on their shale assets and would begin to acquire acreage north of Vernon. My thinking is that if I am approached and do not get a good offer, then I just won't lease. If they ever drill and Im in that section, then I get paid lots more anyway. I think--actually, I would probably hire an attorney for help. Hope the day comes. Wish there was some way to find out for sure if HS is in Jackson Parish at the appropriate drilling depths. Some say its probably here, but too deep. Who knows. Be careful signing. Talk later
Hey Ashley!!

Thanks for the advice!!
Ashley,
I live in southeast Louisiana, but my grandfather, D. B. Tullos, was principal at Vernon (1930's?) and later principal at Weston until he passed away in 1967. I wish he had purchased land while living at Vernon, but he lived in school-provided housing and didn't buy property there.

I haven't heard of any drilling in the Weston area. Our family used to own some property east of Weston that was leased a number of times but never drilled on.

I own 80 acres of my grandfather's land about 7 miles south of Weston. at the south end of Caney Lake. The land is in the Clear Branch gas field, which still produces a little gas from the Hosston zone after 30+ years of production.

A well was drilled on my property in 2005 looking for Cotton Valley gas below the Hosston zone. Cabot Oil & Gas said that all they found was the old Hosston zone they drilled through. A small company from Lafayette gets a little gas from the well.
Ashley,

My wife and I own in Jackson Parish, south of Ruston, in Twn 17N Range 2W. We live in MD and I have been trying to keep up with the latest on the HS. I have family in Bossier City that work in the oil industry and they claim that Ruston is becoming a hot area, although I have not seen proof of that yet.

John
I have land in the 30/31 sections. 1 yr. left on current lease. Watch when you lease to make sure there isn't an "extention" clause. My 3 yr. lease actually read as a 5 yr. Found this out when another company bought the original lease and sent me a check........oh well, learn the hard way first. Now me and my lawyer will discuss leases hopefully in the near future.

I haven't heard anything about our area/parish. Please post on here if you get any word from your people. Thanks.
I'm part owner of some acreage in NW Winn Parish, in the Dodson area. There is seismic testing being done in the Pineridge area which is right next door to our land and real close to the border of Jackson/Winn Parishes. We've been contacted twice in the last few months with low-ball offers which we haven't taken. There is no doubt that Jackson Parish, as well as Winn Parish, is sitting on top of HS. Here is a good map of the HS, but all the "experts" say the HS area is probably much larger than projected at this time. Go to this address for a good map of the HS: http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/photo/2117179:Photo:116620?contex...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service