I suggest Red River Parish and Natchitoches Parish members listen to the later part of the EnCana presentation on 8/14/08 for the discussion of the Haynesville Shale.

http://www.encana.com/investors/newsreleases/P1218581602449.html

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately, I can't access this. Can you just give a little information as to what is of concern, please? Thanks.
Carol, EnCana just had some very positive things to say about the Haynesville Shale. The above link would not work for you?

To the experts in the field, does this compare to the figures that have been stated elsewhere as to gas in place?

Also, under initial production (MMcf/d) at 5.0-15.0. Does this mean per year per acre?

Since they have been developing Haynesville since 2005, why do they have 85 rigs in Barnette and only 18 in Haynesville?
Parker, the gas in place and initial production values are similar to ones quoted by other companies.

The initial production rate is per day per well (ie 5 to 15 million cubic feet of gas per day for each well).

The 18 is projected number of wells that EnCana plans to drill during 2008. The Barnett Shale has been in development for several years while the Haynesville Shale is still in experimentation phase. The number of wells drilled in the Haynesville Shale will ramp up in 2009 & 2010.
Les,

I assume that the 5 to 15 million cubic feet per day is for a horizontal completion.

What type of values could be expected if they only do a vertical completion.
Parker, vertical wells would likely range from 1 to 5 million cubic feet per day. Shell's vertical well in Sabine Parish tested at over 5 MMcfd.
Les,

How soon do the vertical wells decline?

Would the 1 - 5 million cubic feet per day be sustained for the first year?
Parker, shale gas vertical wells would have a steep decline in the 1st year but maybe less (~ 60%) than horizontal wells. Also I would think a vertical well at 5 MMcfd may have a steeper 1st year decline than one at 1 MMcfd. This is all conjecture as we really need to see more actual production information to get a clearer understanding.
The link worked for me. But the presentation is under 8/13/2008. I opened the 8/24/2008 first, so Carol may have done the same thing.
Carol, try this link and listen to the 8/14/08 presentation.

http://www.encana.com/investors/presentationsevents/index.htm
Thanks.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service