Did anyone see the transcript of EnCana's quarterly earnings report? they mentioned the completion of three wells in the East Tex/ Louisana Haynesville play recently. While the wells "have not been tested yet", they are expected to be a "world class asset". One of these wells was identified as being in Red River Parish. I think the other two could be in Sabine Parish. The wells were expected to produce daily "$100 million productivity". I think the person who transcribed the earnings conference misunderstood the discussion. if the speaker meant instead 100 million cubic feet per day of gas production or an average of 33.3 million per well they would be about twice the size of any well I have heard about to this point.

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

The Encana well in RR parish that they mentioned is the Bolin well (misspelled in the article). About 15 miles N. of Armistead on Hwy 1 (14/11). They said it tested out at 16.5 mmcfd. I was wondering about that same thing, $100 million a day. They were talking about the Deep Bossier field in E. Texas.
I am not sure the other two wells are in E Texas. I seems to me they referred to all of the Haynesville area as being in Texas I did not hear them refer to anything in Louisana on the earnings call.

I have seen a Haynesville map with two wells identified in North Sabine Parish near lake Toledo Bend. I wonder if that could be the two other wells. It seems to me the $100 million productivity has to be a mistake. It must have been 100 million cufic feet per day. In any event they called the three wells as a "world class asset".
There are four producing wells Encana has present in RRiver and 3 Rigs Drilling at present....if you need specific information check with shalegeo!

natch n3
Hot off the presses. Encana has applied to drill the "Colbert Timberland LLC" well Sec 16, T13N, R 9W. Planned depth 16,500 feet.
BLZBub, just for additional information this section has been designated the JUR RB SUK unit in the Martin Field.
It appears that Encana may already be drilling the Colbert Timberland well. We rode by there this afternoon. The rig is up and there is lots of activity going on. It is on LA 786 north of Coushatta across the road from one of the Adcock wells (also Encana), which is in Sec. 15.
Redrivergal, just as an update the Colbert Timberlands #1 Well spud on 7/30/08.
BLZBub
I upped a short video clip of
Colbert Timberland LLC" well Sec 16, T13N, R 9W
Probably the Bolen well

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service