I live in Hall Summit where there is a consultant contacting some oil companies for the community in hopes to lease our land. We were told that if she could get at least 20 acres together that they would lease for $7500 an acre. To me it seems that if the oil company comes to me instead of a consultant going to them then they would offer more just because they are actually going out wanting and needing the land. At this time I have not been offered anything personally so they must not want it that bad right now. Should I go with this deal and if not then how do I know how long to hold out?

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

They are swamped. Just because you have not been contacted does not mean that they do not want it.

There may be other factors that effect whether or not they are actively looking at your area. There are only so many landmen available.

Good luck. Count your blessings and do your research.
hi james i live beside the high school in hall summit and just leased my land for 4000 an acre so if you get more you done good. acaidian land is who i leased through.
The last I heard was 12,700 per acre in Sec 34
Well....

1) people are rarely honest about what they lease for, so don't believe everything you hear.

2) the landwoman you are talking to probably has a buyer(s) in mind for the lease, which may or may not be an operator/oil company. Speculators are also looking to invest in this boomtime, therefore your consultant may have a wider distribution channel for your interests.

3) in my opinion, a 20-acre package fetching 7,500/acre bonus is not bad, BUT what really matters is your opinion of the value and what you are willing to let it lease for....only you know the answer to that question.

4) If you want more than the 7,500/acre. Just go ahead and ask her if she could get that for you...the art of negotiation involves subtle skills.

5) another thing to consider is that with an agreement like the one you are being offered... they don't usually last forever (the dance card could fill before you decide its the best option)

6) oh, and by using a consultant...less likely to get completely bent over the couch by the end-user of the lease (kinda the opposite of your assumption). BIG BUSINESS NEVER HAS YOUR INTEREST AT HEART..."little guy"s usually (not always) have a conscience.

All are things to consider.

Best of luck!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service