I hear that the courthouse is filling up with new landmen these days. Are they making any new offers that anyone would like to share with us?

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

A post by "Jennifer" in the Discuss Haynesville Shale "offer" blog posted that she was approached yesterday by a rep. from Chesapeake who offered $12,500 for her land.
CBT, I think that the going rate for the Belmont, Pleasant Hill and Marthaville areas seems to be $12,500 per acre. It will be interesting to see if that number continues to rise. I feel like Shell/Encana is going to come out of their "Shell" eventually. This will only add fuel to the fire. It is my opinion that $12,500 is probably going to be a low number 1 or 2 months from now for that area. It would be very hard to turn that down though. I have heard about some activity on highway 6 which is good news. I was expecting to get a lot of responses on this post. Maybe the landmen are still doing their research and aren't ready to start contacting people. I hope that everyone will keep us posted with the leasing activity. That will only benefit everyone in the long run. Thanks for the reply.
Anyone here of offers around Hwy 1217 ? my parents live 3mi north of Many. Thanks.
Have not heard of anything that close to Many yet. Not looking at the map right now but they are probably in T7N. Lots of leasing in T8N which is just north of them. They appear to have their hands full trying to lease up T8, T9 and the rest of T10.
I think many of the landmen are looking at deed's of people who have already leased....still the activity is good.
I assume that they,[landmen], will be in that area soon. We once had a well on our property back in the 80`s but it was capped when oil got cheap.
Capped or plugged and abandoned? (P@A) You need to find out. Has the old lease been dropped or expired? See if it is "held by production", etc. Most of the maps I see include you in the potential.
My mistake it was P@A along about the late 80`s when my parents moved back down. My parents and I have about 22 or so acres.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service