Our family discovered that we own a 50 acre mineral rights interest in a 205 tract in Shelbyville, TX (Shelby County). This is part of Abstracts 89, 94, 128 and 724, near Biggar Cemetary. A drilling company is wanting to lease. We don't know who we share the other 155 acres with. If anyone has info, or has land/mineral rights in that immediate area, please let me know.

Thank You

Views: 65

Replies to This Discussion

Which company has made the offer?
We've had several companies contacting us. I'd prefer not to say who until I can find an answer on who we share rights with. I can say that several companies have a presence in the area, namely Hunt Petroleum Corp, Devon, Elora, St. Mary's, Marathon, Mustang, and others.
Someone else on the Shelby County Group wrote about having 4.657 acres of minerals that they didn't know about in the Bigger Abstract 94 and 89. You may want to read what has been said to them. It's just down a few spots from your. The company that approched them was St. Marys.
EB that would be me or actually my wife that was approached by St Mary's. Terry is a distant family member that is involved in the same battle as my wife. While St Mary's seems real active in the area as far as leases, we are just shopping around at this point. We haven't to the greedy stage yet and hopefully we wont but we want to insure our interest are met.
It's good that you are not greedy, b/c St. Mary's does not pay...

Neither does Hunt (XTO now)...

Ellora doesn't have much of a position in that particular area. Within a few miles, yes, but not in your area.

Marathon has not been active around here since about 2003.

Devon has put on the brakes; Chesapeake has backed off, they were the only price drivers. No real buyers out there for bigger money right now.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service