The Parish recently sold mineral lease rights in this and surrounding sections for $30,212 / acre and a 30% royalty to Theophilus Oil and Gas Land Services. It is my understanding Theophilus represents Chesapeake Energy. I do not understand why the Parish gets top dollar, a 30% royalty... plus a rental clause. Perhaps someone could explain this.

If you haven't listened to the Chesapeake - PXP jount venture conference call, you should do so...

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?p=irol-eventDetails&c...

The wells to date in the Haynesville are referred to as Triple X monsters... and they expect this find to be much larger than the Barnett.

A section is 640 acres (1 mile X 1 mile). Several subdivisions and Grawood Baptist Church are within Section 24. There are pasture and forest lands to the North, Northeast and Southeast of Section 24. It is my understanding this area is highly desired by Chesapeake... maps show it as a core area and also show the Haynesville shale depth @ 200' or more.

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

They are drilling a well right now in sec 18. I can hear the noise from my house and I'm in sec 24. There is a well already completed in sec 30.
oops that was 19 and 30 near the ponds. I should go take a picture.
Hey Rocker,

I am assuming that you are talking about sections 19 and 30 in Range 14 W around the Fountainbleau Estates area. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks--- doughboy
yes, Sections 19 and 30 in R14W around the Fountainbleau Estates area (based on SONRIS data)... best wishes

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service