Was the Lane 64 well drilled specifically for gathering information? Since they already had drilled to their objective, why wouldn't they have just gone ahead and completed the well? Or the real story is that the TMS is just too deep in The southern part of the Felicianas. Anybody have any ideas? I know that leasing in that area is not as active as it is in Wilkinson or the northern parts of West and East Feliciana.

Views: 8563

Replies to This Discussion

Drilling rigs have been moved.

What do you mean? Drilling rig moved in to drill lateral well?

Don't know if they operate oil and gas wells, but the Sand Hill Foundation does operate SWD wells.

I didn't say that. I was just answering the previous post about what "platforms trucked out" meant.

Where is Devon drilling horizontally in E F and why not at Lane 64?

Does any one have any information on Sand Hill foundation, LLC?  I googled the outfit and found that they have something to do with salt water disposal.  It appears that they filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy papers in 2010.  Are they working as a contractor for Devon?  Is Devon planning to use Lane 64 for salt water disposal?  Please enlighten us ignorant folks.

I would doubt they are being used for saltwater disposal.  Water production is supposedly not a problem in the TMS wells.  They might be doing location work.

Randy,

I said months ago that the Lane 64 would probably be used as a SW disposal well. I don't know who started the thing about the TMS not producing water but that is clearly wrong. If you look at the IPs you can see that there is substantial water production from these wells. Also, you have to consider that the TMS is directly above the Tuscaloosa sand and a lot of the Tusc. is watered out and water can and will migrate into the fracked shale. My guess at the present time is that they will use the well as a SWD well. The water has to be injected into a deep strata below any fresh water sands. It cannot be dumped on the surface and logic says that the best use of the Lane 64 is to inject salt water.

I don't think the produced water we have seen on recent IP's is formation water. The Weyerhaeuser at 280 BOPD and ~1200BWPD is probably post frac flow back water (of course November production numbers indicate this is a flow back IP). This is a nanodarcy reservoir. Water production at that rate would be not be probable. Could water be coming from the A sand? I won't rule it out, but agian not probable. Encana and Devon are specifically controlling thier frac heights to compensate for the A sand. Where the Weyerhauser is located the A sand is 45 feet below the base of the TMS. The A sand is more of an issue in Mississippi (specifically Wilkinson County) were it directly underlies the TMS. If it is an issue at all.
-RP

Water from these wells has to be disposed of somewhere. It does not matter whether its formation water or frack water. It has to be injected into a deep salt water formation. 

Sure you do. I just wanted to clarify the source of the water.

Now that Devon has completed corings through test wells, is there any information out there as to how much oil the high resistivity areas of the play contain per acre-foot? The LSU Basin Reserch Institute report assumed a conservative estimate of 50 barrels per acre-foot before any wells were drilled.

RSS

Groups

Not a member? Get our email.

Latest Activity

Richard David Otley left a comment for Vanessa Herbert
9 hours ago
Richard David Otley and Vanessa Herbert are now friends
9 hours ago
john henry posted a discussion
15 hours ago
Anthony Thomas left a comment for Vanessa Herbert
22 hours ago