will become harder. Reviewing the wells they perfer a north or south bore. If the locations for north and south bores are hard to obtain will they drill east and west?

Just thinking

What say you?

Buck

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Buck, the City of Shreveport has conducted an inventory of its properties which would meet the minimum set back requirements of the state. Though they did not give a full accounting of those qualifying drill site locations, they did mention that the three municipal golf courses would qualify. I have also heard that the former Holmes Honda property on S'port-Barksdale Hwy, now owned by the city, qualifies. Cherokee Horn has acquired a drilling site on St. Vincent Ave just east of I-49 in the old industrial district. In my opinion, the majority of residential property within the city limits will be accessible from a qualifying site unless the city passes an ordinance which requires more stringent set backs or other limiting requirements. I do not have any knowledge of the directional preference or how it may hinder inner city drilling opportunities.
The reason they are running north/south is because it's the best way to drill this shale. It has kind of a grain, like wood, gotta cut with the grain not against it. So no, they typically wouldn't go east/west. I suppose it could possibly happen, but it would be against the geologists opinion. Maybe ask jay about that?

Randy

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service