Did anyone sign a mineral lease in the shale for only a couple hundred per acre?

If so, I'd like to hear your story. I'm a reporter for The Shreveport Times. Please call me at 318 459-3266. Thanks

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awhile back, there was going to be an Q&A session shown on KSLA. A lot of people offered suggestions of what they would like to have asked.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/forum/topic/show?id=2117179%3ATop...

If you have the time, you could scan through that thread and see if anything posted there might interest you.
The times is nothing but fluff. Notice how the articles written by the local reporters are 80% quotes. There never is much anayisis.
I still don't understand why you believe some of these units should be opposed. Larger units will have more wells, your cut of each well will be smaller, but you'll have more cuts.
All the information about defining units, formations, etc. is public record. All well data is public record. All production data is public record.

Its called due dilligence. most people just take the money and run to bank.
Lynn,
I totally agree with you with the "Insider Trading" my aunts in Louisiana renewed their lease with the same company they have been dealing with since 2004. Before my mother passed away in 2007 she received a check from this company for $687.00. I believe the company knew before hand about HS and convinced my aunts to simply renew their lease without telling them about the potential of the Haynesville Shale discovery. After my aunts convinced us to renew the lease we signed and received a check for $687.00 3 weeks later the Haynesville Shale news hit and it was too late for my family.
I bought leases the day before Easter for $150 an acre. About 2 weeks later I found out about the Haynesville Shale and from that point I have refused to buy anything close to the HS. For all those posting that say all landmen are crooks answer this. The first weekend after I found out about the shale play I took my own time and called most of the folks that I knew and told them to watch for the snakes that would be crawling along with the landmen. Most landmen have their job to do, and most of the time it's on the up and up, snake are never on the up and up. These snakes are the ones that your investigation should target and I am not talking about "Snake Srewart".
Thanks KB
Thanks GoshDarn
GoshDarn, Honorable people of conscience have become an endangered specie. In land work, as on Wall Street and other corporate endeavors, ethics (or conscience as you so accurately say it) has all but disappeared. You can't make a buck or get ahead if you are restrained by conscience. I am a free market capitalist but I deplore what has become acceptable in the pursuit of the all mighty buck. For young people today the questions is "do you wish to be ethical or do you want to get ahead". The two seem to be mutually exclusive. And the dollar rules!
Please post a link to your article on here when you get it ready for publication. I would like to read it.
Big Belly. Please ask Vicki Wellborne if she has ever received an email from me? She mentioned two other reporters and I sent the original and at least one other to them suggesting story lines. Never heard back from any of them. I have deleted the emails long ago but I think it was about three months, or more, ago. I'll look forward to your article. It's a little late to help much but better late than never. Would you consider devulging how much The Times has received in ad revenue from those companies active in HS exploration and production?
In June or July 08 (I would have to look the date up I leased 22 acres here in the Denning area west of San Augustine for $450.00 acre to EOG and 2 weeks after receiving my money my neighbors were getting $5000.00 and more.
Doug

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service