How much does the ArklaTex stand to lose in taxes if Obama wins?

My guess is if income tax rates are increased to the amount stated under his plan, that billions more in taxes on royalties and lease bonuses in the ArkLaTex will be sent to the government. Even a 10 acre landowner who gets a nice leasing bonus is gonna get nailed for being one of the "evil" rich people making more than 250k per year in household income.

Views: 343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I would defend to the death your right to your opinion. I am sure you would do the same. As far as mental duels I got into one once, and it blew my mind. I no longer fight wars in my mind.
Count of Monte Cristo, good point. So, lets do something constructive about changing the tax rate for all shale landowners.

Go to post "Flat 25% or less One-time Rate on Lease Signing Bonus" and email the congressional staffers, two, who can add the language we need to the Natural Gas Act bill which will give all shalers a one-time lower tax rate. From all the post here there is certainly enough spirit around to get it done...TCB DS3
The Natural Gas Act provides incentives for the auto industry and local gas stations to retool so natural gas can be used in automobiles. How exactly would a decrease in a landowner's tax rate be an incentive for the landowner to do something? Are you suggesting shale landowners would not lease their land anyway? Aren't you just saying you want to pay less tax? I think everybody would want that. Please let me know whom to contact to get a 25% one time reduction in my income taxes.
Yes, you are correct about what is currently in the Natural Gas Act. I would like to see landowners receive a one-time fixed lower rate on fed taxes vs up to 35% as the IRS tax code currently requires.

No, I am not saying landowners would refuse to sign leases. The word "incentive" in this case means tax reduction because you are going to provide the feds with something else of value. Landowners need to keep more of their once in a life time bonus money. Also, the legislative community uses the word "incentive" vs tax cuts.

They will pay down debt, spend in their local communities, start businesses, and purchase stock etc all of which grows the economy for the feds to get more tax revenue later.

See the post "Flat 25% or less One-time Rate On Lease Signing Bonuses" for the email addresses of the congressional staff members who are handling this bill. Thanks for your intrest. TCB DS3
Ah...incentives=tax cuts. Yes I would like to get some of those incentives. I would really help the economy with my incentive. I will contact Washington immediatey.
Is there anything we could talk about that wouldn't perturb you ? Cheer up sparky . Your guy's will be in control in time to ruin Christmas the Holidays for us all. That way we can all try to feel miserable.
KB, I would like to thank you and your family for there military service, and I truly mean that. As far as dissing move on, starbucks and obama in one shot is just quicker that way.
easttexas12, I threw all of those good one liners out at deh, and you gave him one of those fancy touchie's things for the spelling crack.
deh8490, Can you read this: Obama SUX, If e getz eleketed intooo ophice wur aw in a heep of zhit! Good LUCK!
You're so full of Bushzhit you don't know you're already in a heep of zhit.
Folks the fact is, we are all going to be paying more taxes after the next election -- regardless of who wins. Opinion expressed in last week's Business Week. Otherwise you can use your paper money to start fires and for wall paper in about three or four years. This last bit is my own opinion. Barron's commented in a recent issue that the US dollar has declined 40% in value since 2002. There are currently no reason to expect the decline to stop.
If you are posting to this discussion, you have too much spare time.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service