Does any one know if you need to go thru probate in each state the minerals are in, in order to settle an estate?

I was told by the executor,...this could be very time consuming and expensive, paying for attorneys, so she suggested that I split the minerals "with all living heirs".

The executor said, the ones in Texas are a "no brainer" they are covered by the state and the will. Implying that the ones in other states are not covered by the will.

I asked the attorney handling the estate if this were true, but she said she could not advise me...that she represents the executor. Of course her fee is all coming out of my inheritance .

I appreciate any help you can provide me on this.

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sarah, Your sister is not trying to help you. She knows you have a big heart, and she is takeing avantage of you. Money changes people. You are trying to make desisions based on your feelings toward her, she is making desisions on how much she can get from you. If you let her, she will take everthing, including your last can of beans. Get a lawyer and pray for her, I bet she's praying for you, "to do the right thing".
Thank you for your thoughts and advice about this.

"Money changes people. You are trying to make desisions based on your feelings toward her, she is making desisions on how much she can get from you."

Not a happy thought, but it seems to be the case here.
Once again, I've been left dangling waiting for her to reply to me. Thanks so much for the support Max. I really appreciate it. :)
Sarah ---
There is a saying --"You never know someone's true character until you share an inheritance with them." I learned things about my father that I wish I did not know. The same thing about a much beloved aunt involving a latter case.

There is just something about money or other valuables in an estate that screws up the behavior of many people. I, of course, am totally immune to this.
Get a Texas lawyer to track this case for you.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service