We have been reading about forced pooling on several threads and it has peaked our interest. We are small acreage owners, and have not signed a lease with anyone, but have had offers and know that several land owners in our section are already under a lease. We have read about the pros of forced pooling.
But what are the cons? We know that there are some costs involved in participating versus non participating.
Has anyone had experience in forced pooling either in Shreveport or in the Barnett Shale?
Comments please on participation versus non- participation. Any advice will be appreciated.

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have read the law- and the difference between non participating and participating is that you put your money up front in participating. I know with forced pooling, that you will need to audit the O&G companies. I guess I would like to hear from someone that has been forced pooled and their experiences, before we make a decision on what is our best course. Any comments on participating versus non participation would be appreciated.
I have looked up the forced pooling discussion and have found it very helpful. Thanks for the heads up.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service