Has anyone received a royalty check ? If so, how soon after the completion of the well did you receive the check?

Views: 436

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You stated: "Louisiana law is that you must be paid within 90 days of first production or you are owed interest on the monies owed."

When asked where LA law specifies that royalties must be paid within 90 days of first production, you refered to LA RS 31:137-142.

I have searched Westlaw LA-ST-ANN, LA R.S. 31:137-142 for the word "ninety" and the number "90". My search for "ninety" got no hits. My search for ""90" got no hits having anything to do with a number of days.

So, please tell me how you support your statement that "Louisiana law is that you must be paid within 90 days of first production or you are owed interest on the monies owed." It does not appear to be in LA R.S. 31:137-142. If it is not in LA R.S. 41:137-142, then where is it, specifically?
Then let's not leave the requirement for notice and other important details out of such an original statement. Otherwise, people get the wrong idea. Then they tell their neighbors, and their neighbors get the wrong idea. Then the next thing you know, the wrong idea is everywhere, as if it were gospel. And then someone has to come along and exert a lot of valuable energy to properly dispel it, energy that could have been made better use of elsewhere.

One should be very careful about the free advice they get in these kinds of places. Advice is worth what you pay for it.
Before my first post above, I have never communicated with you before, and I have never cared to. I have read your stuff in various places before and have often found it in error, but that has never mattered to me. Further, I have not stalked you.

You can believe that or not. It doesn't matter. But for the sake of your sanity, you really should try to get ahold of yourself. The world is not out to get you. Perhaps a bit of professional counseling would benefit you.

I was genuinly interested to know if there was an express ninety day requirement somewhere.

I can see that those who "lead" this site are here for the pat on the back they have failed to earn in the real world, and anyone who dares question the accuracy of anything they say will be summarily lined up to have poems laced with profanity written about them and posted on this or some other site.

I therefore deem this a waste of time and leave you to your little kingdom.
i THINK THIS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF A DISCUSSION WHERE SOMEONE, IN THIS CASE JIMMY TRIES TO MAKE THE DISCUSSION A PERSONAL ATTACK. OK SO JIM AND jIMMY HAVE A DISAGREEMENT - OK NO BIG DEAL - BUT JIMMY DECIDES TO MAKE IT A PERSONAL ATTACK.

LET ME ASK - WHAT GOOD DOES HIS STATEMENT ACCOMPLISH?

"You can believe that or not. It doesn't matter. But for the sake of your sanity, you really should try to get ahold of yourself. The world is not out to get you. Perhaps a bit of professional counseling would benefit you."

OR THIS

"I can see that those who "lead" this site are here for the pat on the back they have failed to earn in the real world"

INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH JIMMY PERSONALLY ATTACKED WITHOUT PROVIDING AN ALTERNATIVE ANSWER TO JIM'S OPINION.
I don't understand where you are coming from Jimmy. You seem to like to call people names that you don't even know. You lump everyone on the top end of the board into the same catagory, I for one think that is BS.
Keith - This was Jim Krow's response to Jimmy Dale following the latters comment about providing clear information.

Reply by Jim Krow 11 hours ago
Jimmy Dale you exist for one purpose and that is to stalk my comments, I really wanted to see how long you would go, as I could tell by the first comment that it was bait. Normally I correct or amend errors immediately, but I wanted to see what you would do. What would you recommend a royalty owner do, since my advice is so lacking? I answer a lot of questions for a lot of people, but you only ask questions of me? why? Did you create that alter ego just for that purpose.

Jk admits to "baiting" JD ("... I wanted to see what you would do.") then makes allegations ("Did you create that alter ego just for that purpose?")

As I said, it went south from there. And again, I'd like to hear irrefutable facts about these alter ego allegations.

I'm just trying to redirect the dialogue into "friendlier" tones again, trying my best to keep it on track. I believe it would be beneficial to those reading.

Best always - sesport :0)
I specifically look for insults. Jimmy Dale went there. I'm not going to get into the cat and mouse game between them...only when insults enter the discussion - that's where I what to encourage the debate to remain civil. There is going to disagreement and conflict - but hopefully navigated with civility.
KB thanks for posting that,it was much needed.You have such A special gift an eloquence with words not everyone can duplicate.
(sigh)

I hope that someday Jim is able to overcome his paranoia and to also get the approval he so desperately seeks.

As for you, what are you going to do? Are you going to "post profanity-laced poems about me on other websites?"

Speaking of other websites, how truthful is it of you to lead people to believe on another site that you are an oil and gas professional who has been in the business for 20 or so years? All of a sudden, everyone and her dog is a landman.
KB, try reading and listening and mulling over things a bit before you speak. Try not to be so assuming. It is better not to put your claws before your brain and your mouth.

This will be my last post. You may have the last word, if it makes you feel better about yourself ... so long as it doesn't include any poems about me laced with profanity and posted on this or other sites.
Busted for asking a simple question?

Reply by Jimmy Dale 17 hours ago
Where does the law specifiy that royalties must be paid within 90 days of first production?
Jim K. - This was Jimmy Dale's response to your clarification ...

Reply by Jimmy Dale 13 hours ago
Then let's not leave the requirement for notice and other important details out of such an original statement. Otherwise, people get the wrong idea. Then they tell their neighbors, and their neighbors get the wrong idea. Then the next thing you know, the wrong idea is everywhere, as if it were gospel.

It went south from there. I did post a comment to you re. a past topic, but if you'd rather not discuss it further that's fine. If you have facts to substantiate your "alter ego" allegations, I'd be most interested in reading about those, too.

Best - sesport :0)

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service