I'll save the rest of you some time sitting on hold....  I received my 1099 from BHP the other day, and it was in error.  When I spoke to them this morning, they said that there was indeed an error, and corrected 1099's will be sent out this week.

Tags: 1099, BHP, Petrohawk

Views: 1187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We just gone one 1099 today for well on personal property (way too high) & 2 1099s for one on corporate property (one too high & one too low). When I asked them about this awhile back, the call center asked ME if this amt. (she gave that amt. to me) SOUNDED RIGHT!!!!!!  

That made me really scared if they are asking me if the amt. SOUNDS right!!

A word of advice to everyone, the IRS will initially believe the incorrect 1099 from BHP and not the correct amount you state on your tax forms.  So if you want to avoid an audit, keep after BHP to provide you a correct 1099.

A Form 1099 is not sufficient to constitute proof of payment. The IRS must furnish direct evidence that money was transferred in order to proceed against you in court. It's buried in the IRS Agent Handbook somewhere. You put that on 'em in an audit, they change their tune quick. Don't ask me how I know this...

I heard from BHP today (2/27/14), via email.  They told me the 1099s will be "mailed as of this week."  We'll see....

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service