BP CEO Tony Hayward tells Congress that he "Wasn't in the Loop".....

Tags: BP, Coast, Gulf, Leak, Oil

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GD, my previous dog got old and died. Sorry if my replacement puppy makes you type stupid things.
Mac ---

One news report about Barton pointed out that he has received more oil and gas lobby contributions than any other member of the House of Representatives.
Martin, if you kicked out everyone who took Oil&Gas money, the halls of Congress and the White House would be nearly empty.

As for Barton, he's supposed to represent the people in his district. There's a lot of people in his district who depend on the O&G industry in his district in Texas. Look at where his district is. I suspect that the people in his district may very well agree with him, and want him to promote O&G production.
Imagine where Apple Computer would be if Steve Jobs "wasn't in the loop".
Here's an indication of the kinds of claims that will be made from the BP fund:

New Orleans strip club wants BP money.
I wonder what a Brit repoter is doing in a strip club in NO! Probably uncovering a spill, something smells fishy here?

The owners of The Mimosa Dancing Girls, located on the edge of New Orleans, claimed that the spill was bad for business as the fishermen who usually frequented the club cannot afford to spend money there, British newspaper The Observer reported.
"undercover" investigation, LOL! 80)
I knew a guy who used to work for the IRS. He said that they would fairly frequently go to a local strip club at taxpayer expense and "observe" how much in tips a particular girl was getting to be sure she was reporting all her income.

As you can imagine, there was a lot of competition among the IRS agents to get this particular assignment.

I wonder if Ken Feinberg will investigate this claim himself? He wouldn't want to be like Tony Hayward and have to admit he didn't know the details of this particular claim. Maybe he and Tony will go there together and investigate. Or go there and dispense the payout themselves.

Maybe I should apply to help out. Take a wad of bills from the fund and dispense the money directly to the ladies at the club for dances. Take up the slack for the missing oil workers. Maybe BP can give out special "Mimosa Bucks" vouchers that can only be spent at Mimosa to unemployed oil rig workers?
Weelllll, I suppose you could get BP to foot the bill. If they balk and you've made contributions to the RNC, I've read they're also "accomodating." They might ask your age, though. They were MOST accomodating towards the Young Eagles. You fit in that age group, Mac? lol 80)
this thread was a hoot.

so was the kabuki theater in congress we got to witness.

oh and i hope everyone said goodbye to tony, he gets to go back to the u.k. and keep his job as ceo while some poor shlub takes over for him in the states to deal with all of the pushy, overly litigious yanks.

tally ho, what?

p.s. i agree with just about everything mac said, cheers mate~
Not tally ho, anchors aweigh, avast ye matey! 80)

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service