We've been asked by the energy company that leased our mineral rights to sell the surface property to them. We would retain the mineral rights, but the firm would be able to drill, install multiple gathering lines from other wells in the National Forest, build a compression station, treatment facilities, and tank farm. The firm would get full control of our ponds and spring. We have no structures on the land and no plans to build on it. In fact, we are absentee owners.

Has anyone else had such an offer? Can you share any details? We will likely entertain their offer, but are very surprised by this development.

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like you are sitting in the catbirds seat.
Since you don't live there and you've evidently already leased the minerals this sounds like a good opportunity to 'cash' in all the way around. Good luck!

Mind telling us where this property is located?
Probably Red River or Natchitoches.
Pope County, Arkansas. Fayetteville Shale.
Ain't many on this site that know much about the Fayetteville.
Congratulations Wayne and Anna. Just be smart when negotiating the deal. You have something that they want badly.
Now, how would you like to adopt a couple of OLD children? LOL
Anna and I have always liked OLD children better than YOUNG children. So, maybe we will adopt you.
Is it even legal to adopt a child that is older then the prospective parent ? :-)
Stay out of my open adoption, Snake. This is between Mom, Dad, Mr. Cathaus and myself!
You won't be sorry. I promise to keep my room clean and obey curfew.
I would like to know how much you are willing to pony up for my allowance. It must be enough to buy my support hose and sensible shoes!
You are probably going to get to post many pictures with pleasant and exotic locales in the background. Please keep us informed about how this all works out for you and again congrats!
Sounds like they don't want to deal with the Dept of Interior anymore than they have to.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service