I thought the attached G-1 and G-5 would be interesting to some folks.  G-1 has the completion information - looks like acid fracs and therfore the target is the limestone formations.  

24 hour production is 479 bbl of 42.8 API gravity condensate or oil.  1179 bbls of water with that.  Note this is a vertical completion across multiple, thick zones.  

Maybe I need to get Joe Aldrige to look at this, but it looks more like what he describes as TMS rather than Eagle Ford Shale.  Any other thoughts?

Views: 83759

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

This was posted in the San Augustine Group today: http://www.rbcrichardsonbarr.com/IndustryResearch/News.aspx?a=news&...

and this is from Devon's news room:

OKLAHOMA CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 11, 2012-- Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN) today announced plans to consolidate its U.S. personnel into a single operations group centrally located at the company’s corporate headquarters in Oklahoma City. As a result, Devon will close its office in Houston and transfer operational responsibilities for assets in South Texas,East Texas and Louisiana to Oklahoma City. The company expects to relocate a number of employees from Houston to Oklahoma City. The completion of this initiative is expected to be substantially complete by the end of the first-quarter 2013.

“Consolidating our U.S. operations will improve our ability to quickly shift the focus of our workforce between project areas as economic conditions dictate,” said Dave Hager, Devon’s executive vice president of exploration and production. “In addition, this move will improve the sharing of best practices and enhance overall operational efficiency.”

http://www.devonenergy.com/Newsroom/Pages/NewsRelease.aspx?id=1744104

It's a new location down the road from the Frank Smith. They had equipment and 18 wheelers still working after sun down. Guess they are in a hurry to get it built.

DH and Lucky-

Devon filed a W-1 today for the Louis Cook 2H, 3.1 miles SE of Crockett on north side of Hwy 287.

Devon's W-1 shows a total depth of 12,000 feet.  I'm no expert, but the associated survey plat shows a lateral of 5,760 feet running NW to SE, parallel to Hwy 287.

Does this mean the horizontal section will be at a depth of only 6,240 feet (12,000 - 5,760)?

Conoco's Louis Cook #2 in 1982 was 20,100 feet. API 225-30438

Devon's Louis Cook #1 in 2007 was 21,000 feet.  API 225-31105

Thoughts?

Robert

The well will be at some depth, 12000 or shallower, with up to a 5760 lateral.  

Both the Conoco Louis Cook and the Devon well reported as dry holes.  I don't know if there is anyway to get more out of the RRC beyond that.  Many times exploratory wells are permitted well below the actual target, simply to see "what is there".  Maybe someone can check old Drilling Ahead records to see how deep Devon actually went.

Thanks dbob

Thanks ALL,

To my knowledge Conoco drilled  a deep Bossier in the early Eighties that everyone called "Conoco Cook #1 " this well BLEW OUT BIG TIME while drilling and the explosion reportedly broke widows in the edge of CKT and the fire could be seen from Palestine 35 miles away ------- then they came back, moved over and drilled the Cook #2 and it made something but was disappointing

Devon in 2007 stepped in and came to the same "general" location and tried another deep Bossier and I personally witnessed several big flares burning while they were drilling but they elected NOT to complete this well even though they had already installed a HUGE amine plant.

Do not know why the RRC would show all the Cook wells as being DRY HOLES as this is WRONG.

NOW DEVON is drilling the 4th well in the same spot but understand they have held-on to those "Cook" leases all this time. Do not know if they will amend the permit at the last min and drill another Deep Bossier or try a shallow 8000' Woodbine Horizontal but Reportedly the PAD IS VERY LARGE.

Trivium Rig Is gone off of Parten at Mapleton and we will need to find out where Basin #103 moved. New Work lights shining in all directions at night now, too much going on to try and find out stuff on it all.

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/data/drilling/blowouts/district6.php

Suggests the Conoco blowout was in May of 1983.  No injuries reported, no H2S (which is good for the future prospects here).

I fairly firmly believe that the Eaglebine fairway extends north of Crockett - The reference to these wells being a dry hole is not intended to suggest that hydrocarbons were not found, just there isn't significant production and data.  

Several of use have discussed wells further east in Trinity County that are also labeled "dry hole" on RRC maps.  I saw some of thoses wells during drilling and watched the flaring.  

The Devon Cook site is good on a number of counts - previous high pressure, located near existing pipelines, and relatively accessible.  Hope it doesn't create a traffic hazard on 287.

Basin 103 is drilling on the ORL Unit.

DH, There is precious little to be gleaned from the records.  Nothing available online for the original L. Cook #1 or for the Devon Cook #1.  Both are just dry holes, no logs, no reports not even a plugging date on the old #1.  The #2 was plugged in 2001 and the only production reports just go back to 1993.  It was classed oil/gas so it produced some liquids, probably, in the beginning but I didn't see any from 1993 on.  RRC or my sorry DSL is running really slow tonight and trying my patience or I would look some more.

I did get the report for the #2 well.

Couldn't get the file to load with last reply.

Attachments:

Cotton Valley Completion - 8415 psi - one spot it looks like 5500 mcf/day, other spot it looks like 22000 mcf/day

reported as dry gas.

Devon changing the Louis Cook, from the Texas RRC W-1:

This permit is being amended to change the well from a horizontal well to a
directional well and change the total depth.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service