I know the main opinion about selling mineral rights is "Don't!" But I'm on the other side of the coin right now trying to make a fair offer to someone to buy their rights- someone I know. So I'm not interested in cheating them- just want to make a fair offer. What do we think a fair offer is? I always was taught to not even consider for less than 3x annual royalty income.

Tags: buying, mineral, purchasing, rights

Views: 271

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Spring Branch. Ive done the same. We're all here to help eachother! :)
Sorry reallyoldguy if I got out of line.
No problem, TD. Thank you!
Thanks for your input, GD, but I don't believe that anyone was questioning TD's honesty or integrity, only his tone. He did the right thing and that is the end of that. It sure is a pretty short thread to have all the disinformation and subterfuge that you claim is taking place on this thread. Your post is as long as the entire thread.
I think the MOST important thing to remember, here on this thread, is that we have a fellow Shaler who has asked a question and is looking for our opinions. We should give him that courtesy.
What confused me is that I am pretty sure that reallyoldguy described him/herself as a "widow". Is that what others who read all the posts remember?

TWO Dogs, are you reading this? Didn't reallyoldguy say that she was a widow?? If not then I apologize. I'm just trying to clear up the confusion others have about this thread and the content of the missing posts.

This thread was MUCH longer before posts were deleted. I also trust what Two Dogs & GD say - and there is a LOT of unethical stuff around buying people's minerals. I am a rank amateur at this O&G stuff, but there are a handful of people here I have learned to listen to. I am not saying anyone is being unethical. I'm just saying I've learned who are reputable. None of us wants GHS to be an open door to buy people's rights for a song. It's good to have a diverse group of folks here - even if half the time I don't understand what they are saying :)

I may be confused about the past content of this thread, but I am not confused that daddy told me shortly before he died not to sell my minerals. I needed the money very badly, but I honored his wishes, even tho I did not believe there was any o&g left in our territory. Well, fast forward a few years and BINGO! Dad was right. Again.

I am pretty certain reallyoldguy said they were a widow. Am I remembering the deleted posts correctly?? Or, do I have to make my 1,055,966th apology?

Logger,
Logger, husband to whom I was referring died shortly after our divorce. So technically, no, Im not a widow. However, my 2 boys and I were dependant upon his income at the time of his death. My kids are now ready to go to college. This is why I sold a portion of my mineral interest.
Not to be rude, but I dont get why everyone is so concerned with my gender, age, marital status, and shoe size. So what if my profile name is 'reallyoldguy'? Do y'all REALLY think "Cheerleader" is a cheerleader?
Sorry for the loss of the boy's father. I don't blame you at all for selling rights to get college educations for your sons. A kid's college education is about the only thing I would sell my rights for. I hope your son make the most of this opportunity.

However, can you see how others would be confused by a woman who used a man's screename and an avatar with an older man in a wheelchair (who looks a little like me) rubbing the leg of a young woman?? I wondered if your avatar was a subtle message that I could sell my rights and get a hot young thing to rub! Most really old guys would think the same thing! There are lots of mineral rights scams and none of us want GHS to be used like that.

PS: I'd be equally suspicious of a man who used a woman's screen name. Again, good luck to your boys.

Logger,
Logger: I never thought of my avatar as deceiving. You bring up a good point. Actually, when I first arrived, on GHS, I had my full name and photo posted. WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!!! EVery snake in the business was able to find me! Sooo...I just to went to the opposite extreme.
Well said, ROG.
Logger thanks, I smelt something fishey and pounced on it, it turned a bit heated and I was asked to retract my posts, which I did. It was never my intension to put someone on the spot but it quickly escalated into that. This site was built to help the mineral owners and that is what I have tried to do for the past couple of years. If GHS turns into a nest of buzzards then I will be out of here.
ROG,
Jack Blake liked the idea that u were a old guy who still liked hotties..........Well, now that jack knows u are female he does not care about shoe size.Now cup size that is a different story............LONGLIVEHSANDLARGECUPSIZESCRIEDJACKBLAKE

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service