Haynesville Shale: What's changed for you since the evolving of this play?

I am putting togther a compilation of stories from this play. It obviously has changed all of our lives to a certain degree. I'd like to get a chronicle of these stories. If you'd like to share your story, email it to admin@gohaynesvilleshale.com. I'm looking for the good, the bad and even the ugly.

Tags: Haynesville, Shale:, What's, changed, evolving, for, of, play?, since, the, More…this, you

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, you've been busy.
Hello, my name is Greg bowman-my wife and i own 1 acre property in De Soto Parrish-we live in arizona.We bought the property because my Wife's Mom and sisters and brothers live there and my sister in law lives on our property-all next door to each other.I know what it is like with money-i'm 49 and when i was 18 years old and going to college i got hurt in a accident and my legs were parylized.We sued the Government and in 1985 i receieved a good middleclass settelment and realized real quick just who my true friends really are.i'm just going to use what you said, it's so true i Pray for patients and trust in GOD, my family and true friends.since i live in yuma, az and my family in De Soto Parish outside of shreveport don't seem to know much about things concerning this-i think in Feb. of 2010 they started drilling on our 640 acre parcel in section 32-it should be soon when we start recieving royalties.We originaly got from petrohawk 25% royalties and 3500.00 up front 1 and half years or so ago-i believe petrohawk and chesapeke made a deal and chesapeke did the drilling.What i'd like to know is- who is your lawyer and if i should have him look over any new future leasing or whatever comes up.Thank You and God Bless You. In His Grace. greg and micki bowman
Well, not much has changed for me related to the HShale. No lease yet. But, I have learned a heck of a lot of valuable information from this site and really appreciate all the helpful members.

In my last (current) lease I was able to build my retirement house on the farm to near completion so the proceeds were not simply frittered away. It was a long held dream of mine to design the house and get it started previous to slowing down in my work life.

I do consider this Ngas in any form a gift and I don't in any way take it for granted. I also consider the family commitment to the land as having provided this "gift".
It seems new additions, property investment is a common invetment strategy here thus far....
In Sept. '08 Shreveport-Bossier Cadillac sales were up 70% year-over-year. I sure hope there were a lot of GHS members who contributed to that economic impact. LOL! I especially enjoyed that portion of Haynesville, The Movie! Way to go Mike!
I haven't seen the movie yet, but Mike Smith is a personal friend of mine, so I know it had to be good. ..... He's a "hoot".......
LJW, you haven't seen the movie??!!! You gotta get a copy. There is a link at the top of the GHS Main Page. The fact that "Mike is a hoot" comes across loud and clear and is the most compelling part of the movie for me. I makes me think of the thousands of "Mikes" that have been touch by the riches of the shale.
Skip, thanks for the info on the movie. .... Mike Smith is the real deal when it comes to down home folks.... he's a good ole DeSoto Parish boy who has his roots in "Dolet Hills"....... I called to congratulate him when I heard about his good fortune, and to let him know about mine. He and I know we are both blessed beyond belief.

My story is a little different from Mike's. I inherited the mineral rights from a very dear gentleman who was an unofficial adopted member of my family for over 45 years. He was my best friend and "mentor" over the years, and I loved him like a father. He never married, so he had no close family other than me and my family. He spent every holiday with me, and came to my house just about every day to drink a glass of wine ...... we really enjoyed that!... Anyway, to make a long story short, when he reached his late eighties, he told me I was in his Will, and that he was leaving me his mineral rights. He had sold the property but retained the minerals which were already held by production. He passed away a few years later and I started receiving a small royalty check from the three shallow wells that were in production..... averaging about $300 to $400 a month. ..... Then, out of the blue, all this Haynesville Shale stuff started happening. My leases had no depth limitations, so it looked like I was going to miss out on the bonus money......but this "ole" girl did some investigating and found out the company that held one of my leases (there were two) had not complied with the terms of the lease, so they were willing to release me from the deep drilling rights if I would let them keep the shallow rights......... so I did........... All this happened about the time that the price per acre started it's climb, but I went ahead and settled right away...... a bird in the hand!...... If I had waited, I could have doubled or tripled my money.....but I figure how greedy can one be.....right!...... There was a lot of acres involved, so my bonus check was good enough for this ole country girl....... I just took my money to the bank and never looked back......... I don't have any deep wells in production just yet, but two are in the process of completion.........
Taking some self-initiative - thatta girl!
Good for you LJW!!! Congrats!
Thanks SHM......
LJW, THAT is a great story!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service