can anyone tell me how I can get info on the well that has been producing in my area since March last year? Section 20, T14N, 9W? Can't get Forest Oil to call me back, I'm kinda just wondering how to find info on this well and or royalty payment amount owed.

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Use this link and go to the SONRIS Help Center.  Choose the discussion, "Basic Well Search By Section-Township-Range".  Then use the SONRIS Lite link provided by Keith at the top of the group page and following the instructions search for your well by entering Section 20 - 14N - 9W,

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/sonris_help_center

The well has been Shut In since last September and the last significant production was in June, 2010. 

so what does that mean exactly? :)
The operator has shut in the well.  That means it is not currently producing, at least according to the most current production data on the state database.  The reason the well is shut in is not contained in information of public record.  If you wish to know more, contact Forest Oil.
Thanks, been trying to, they transfer me and the person I "need" to speak with never answers and hasn't returned my call yet. thanks for your help though.
Coral--do you have minerals in this well? If so Forest Oil royalty department should be able to update you. If they will not return calls try their email contact which you can send thru their web site. If that fails send certified letter. You could also attempt to locate the landman who you leased with for help. If all this fails then get your attorney to fire a letter. Read your lease in detail about when royalty payment due after well completed. Or shut-in royalty. Have you ever received Division Orders?
We have moved twice since our lease so I guess they sent a check and division orders to an old address, even though we gave them our new address when we moved, anyway they are supposed to be resending everything and I've searched for my lease and cannot find it anywhere! i figured I will be patient and wait maybe a couple weeks and if I don't get anything in the mail by then I will start bugging! lol

Coral,

Go get a copy of your lease from your parish clerk of court.

coral--- it's the royalty owners' (YOU) responsibility to keep the operator's royalty department  informed of any change in address. Did you notice them on both of your moves? Recommend in future you send notice by certified return receipt mail. I would not wait more than one week for even snail mail get across the USA with in week to anywhere 1st class mail.
Bird dawg....how can I get a copy if we live out of state? will they mail or fax it? and yes Adubu we gave a new address each time we moved and they still sent the division order to the address we lived at when we signed the lease. It's funny how these other companies wanting to buy our royalties can track us down, but Chesapeak or Forest Oil cannot. just sayin'
coral-- call the county clerk's office. They generally require prepayment to copy and mail you copy. They will not do title search per say so give them as much detail as you can.  Just few dollars usally $1/page. Ask if they have records on line available. I don't know about La. but a lot of counties in Texas have their records for past 50 years or so on line. Pay by credit card and can down load copy and print for your records. If this does not work then if you have friends or family still in area ask them to go to clerk office for you for all is filed for public record and any one can get copy. Good luck
got division orders today, but what I want to know is a dollar amount and that info isn't on there, how do I figure out that part?
coral-- the DO will give you a interest decimal that you own in the well based on total numbers acres in unit and your number acres net mineral you own X royalty % in your lease. The $ amount base on gross revenue from well each month minus ded. etc.  interest decimal= net # minerals you own/total # acres in unit X % royalty in your lease. You will receive check generally for gas 2 months in rear ie royalty check mail out this month June will be for complete month of April production. If you have very small < 1 acre of mineral you may not get check every month unless is total > $100. would get check then when you total > $100 or just one check at end of year. But hope you have many acres and get good check every month. Hope this helps you understand

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service