I too would like to know where it has been said that Chesapeake is flat broke.

In the Summer, an attorney from S. Louisiana, stated that Chesapeake was the worst thing to happen to the Haynesville Shale. I asked him why, and he mentioned the Austin Chalk.

I would also like to hear from the people who worked through the "Austin Chalk" fiasco. Did Chesapeake ruin the play? Did they come out on top because of it?

I don't know! Any input would be greatly appreciated.

My question has always been, has Chesapeake trumped up the already dire news? No one has answered that question, one way or the other.

I think a lot of this is just posturing by Chesapeake. But I do humble admit that this is just my opinion.

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have also stated that I HOPE people get their money. I have never assured anyone that they will or they won't. I don't know one way or the other.
Neither you nor 2Dogs have ever said anything,that I have read, that would even remotely sound like what you were accused of. You neither owe me nor anyone else for that matter, an explaination that you were not guaranteeing anything about these bonuses being paid or not being paid. If a person doesnt have some form of hope, what do they have ?

No matter the case, you shouldn't call someone out in a post title like that.It shows bad form and the post has since been removed. I am sure that nothing was meant directly by it and Mr. Spot is just an exuberant poster like many of us are and put the cart before the horse.
Snake, I must have missed the post in question, guess I was reading the Wall Street Journal at the time. Can't comment on what I didn't read, just have to let Parker and you do my talking for me when Im not around. You know Cajun Fried Ribs sounds a bit greasy but you never know till you try one.
CHK bought a lot of acerage in the chalk. I got all the way down to Bayou Chicot in Evangeline Parish buying leases. Nearly all the leases were for a primary term of 5 years for $150 per acre bonus and 3/16 royalty. People were calling me wanting to lease and anyone wanting anything different was put on the back burner. The project came to a halt in the fall of 1997, most got the axe but a few stayed on to iron out the bugs in the Masters Creek Field around Glenmora and Forest Hill. CHK was by far the main player in the chalk and they still have leasehold interest with HBP wells in units that are 1700 acres and above in size.
Stock went from $60 through a stock split making it $30 then straight down to 75 cents. This happend from the first of 1997 into 1998.
And yes, Aubrey would be the first to tell you that the Austin Chalk just about took him under. But he rose from the ashes and made a heck of a business. He's not down as far in the ashes this time but the environmetn around him financially make this a tough uphill climb.
yes someone finally agrees with me. no one else is getting paid any bonus money. and two dogs how do you know any different???????????? tell all the poor folks they are not getting paid. they are brooooooooooooooooooooooooooke flllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllat brooooooooooooooooooooooke
During this Great World Wide Depression, who isnt having cash flow problems ? Look around, anyone that does business on credit is having the same problems. I mean, good Lord people.

Just because nearly every civilization on earth is watching and waiting to see if the U.S. is going to make the curve or head straight off the cliff doesnt mean that someone may or may not get paid their bonus. And if they dont , we should rejoice ? What kinda sick puppy are you Spot ? But if you think CHPK is the only dog in this fight , or even one that I would consider leasing too, you are sadly mistaken. I would lease to Ed Hill before I would let Uncle Mack get to me right now.Its O.K. for you to jump around and cheer now as long as you jump around and cheer when leasing starts again.Too much money in the ground.Unless they have faked the well reports that they have turned in. Either way, people that rejoice in others' sorrows are a special breed. Common as all getout but special non the less. In closing, in the words of another fortune teller of old, Henny Penny, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"
jack spot,

Odd that you appear out of nowhere. Say I said something that I didn't. And scream and holler doom and gloom.

Is your sage advice for all that have signed leases, to lower those bonus prices?
KB, I would have answered him but I be damn if I know what he is saying.
Buck, they ain't broke, they just don't have the money that it takes to tackle the HS at the speed they want. There are several million acres of prime real estate out there that they want, these acres may be more productive than what has allready been drilled. The race is on and CHK wants to stay in the race.
Perma link reply from william buckner
...........it was the best thing sense breast implants

Buck,
I dont know how in the world you got away with that one but if I had said something like that the bra burners would be marching up my driveway right this instant. The "sexist gods" must be smiling down on you tonight buddy! HA!HA!HA!

P.S. This is Snake Stewart and I do not, I repeat, do not approve Bucks message about implants! :o)

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service