Having property in this area is like riding a roller coaster!!!!!

Views: 11772

Replies to This Discussion

That is north of the spillway.

Thanks John

Give me a link to Kirk's site.  You might be looking at Raccourci Island out in the Mississippi.  It has access from the Morganza region during dry season but floods annually in the spring time.  It has been a favorite hunting location for years.  We had a disputed half interest in 800 acres, we lost the dispute due to lack of maintenance of the land.  Nobody in the family thought we would win the half interest title but it was fun for a while.  That occurred back in 1983.  Raccourci island has or had several deep gas wells on it.

Any way give me a link and I will check it out for you.

Chip

http://tuscaloosatrend.blogspot.com

whoops forgot the punctuation after trend

I agree with John Matherne.  The loop seen is around Ole River,  They show the shelf running along the top of the spillway across towards the downturn of the Mississippi River at the power plant.  The dotted green line seems to include the spillway and much of our plantation but that is all wishful thinking at this point.

Did anybody buy Anadarko;s leases south of the river in Pointe Coupee?  They were the Austin Chalk leases?

Chip,

To my knowledge no one bought the Anadarko leases.

Also, its interesting that Kirk draws most of the area in East Baton Rouge Parish out of the TMS play on his maps. I have the logs as far South as the Kizer well, which is West of Baker, and while the formation is thin at that point it is still there. The area to the North that he has drawn out actually has an upper and a lower segment that appear to have high resistivity and are quite thick as seen in the Amoco - Corona well. In the case of the upper segment (Eagle Ford) it is +/- 100 ft. thick with the lower segment (TMS) over 250 ft. thick. That adds a considerable amount of area to his "play" map. Just don't understand why he is showing most of EBR to be out of the play.

RPT DATE LUW CODE STORAGE FAC DOC USE WELL CNT OPENING STK OIL PROD(BBL) GAS PROD(MCF) DISPOSITION CLOSING STK PARISH
07/01/2013 050956 1 178 288 243 179 287 POINTE COUPEE
RPT DATE LUW CODE STORAGE FAC DOC USE WELL CNT OPENING STK OIL PROD(BBL) GAS PROD(MCF) DISPOSITION CLOSING STK PARISH
08/01/2013 050956 1 287 272 247 372 187 POINTE COUPEE

The well keeps plugging along.  As long as it remains low maintenance, I am sure they will let it run its course.  But they are not gonna drill the second one.  We have about a year to go on the Anadarko lease.  It will be interesting to see if we get a TMS lease, if any lease at all.

Our leases have all be two part leases with different royalty amounts for different strata.  We get 25% on Tuscaloosa Trend and 20% on Austin Chalk.  No telling what it would be for TMS which, if I am correct lies between the two mentioned strata, above the Tuscaloosa Trend and below the Austin Chalk. 

Maybe we would get 22.5% for TMS?  Ha ha ha ha!

09/01/2013 050956 1 187 252 247 187 252 POINTE COUPEE
10/01/2013 050956 1 252 251 262 184 319 POINTE COUPEE

Still plugging a long.  How about that decline in oil, one barrel.  Gas production went up a bit.  Gee, I wish it were on our place.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service