Hello everyone,  I'm a first time forum participant and new to the oil game. I need some advice. 

I have mineral rights in Panola County, Texas. I get offers to buy them occasionally. Can anyone tell me how to find the value of these mineral rights?

Thanks

Jack

Views: 1514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK skip, thanks. I'll contact Julie too. Looks like I have a lot of learning to do here, but you guys are a wealth of information. 

Brammer drilled a couple of Haynesville wells earlier this year. Once they turned to sales they were operated by Chevron.

Surprised to hear Chevron using Brammer to D&C their wells.

Wow! I never would have thought that Chevron would D&D wells under Brammer.

Something new every day!

Wow, again. It would have taken me a lot of trial and error fishing around to get this much info. I don't know where my rights ilay n the survey. The land originally belonged to my grandfather, and either he or my father sold the land but kept the mineral rights. and they (about 8 years ago) were passed down to me. 

Also, just to add to the pity party here, I became legally blind suddenly about a year ago. My vision is kind of scrambled so it makes it hard to read things accurately. But enough of that….

I'll look through these documents Rock Man, and see what I can get out of them. It will take me a while so if I don't post again for awhile, I'm just doing some research so I can ask some questions that are a little more intelligent (maybe).

You're very knowledgeable; especially to get this info so quickly; do you mind me asking your background? I assume you worked in the oil business, just wondering what you did. I worked on the North Sea oil platforms, (Brent Field included) so the business is still interesting to me. 

Thanks again for all your help everyone. 

jackson, besides Rock Man,  I suggest that you connect with Julie (jffree1) who is our E TX landman here on GHS and who lives there and follows all the development on a daily basis.  She can help you with title research that will let you know what you own and where it is located.

40+ years as a geologist in the Oil patch

Wow, thanks everyone. I didn't expect such a quick response. I said I'm new to the oil game, but I should have said I'm new to the mineral rights game. I worked in the North Sea for a long time, so I'm familiar with basic drilling techniques and terminology.  Having said that, I'm clueless about what i inherited from m father. This is my first attempt to research it. 

Kathy, I'm not sure what an abstract number is, but my paperwork says 

Property/DOI: 006818/001

Property Name: Deadwood

Panola County

Operator: Chevron U.S.A. Inc 

Survey Adam Legrone SVY A-392

Described in the Declaration of Consolidation and Unitization recorded in Volume 271, Page 550 of the deed records of Panola County.

I'll look at the website you mentioned. 

Thanks again. 

Whether these laterals be CVS / Bossier or Haynesville, once they are drilled and completed and on line, there will be a lot more production and associated royalty revenues.

That is, assuming Brammer does a good job in drilling and completing these wells. Lots of ways to mechanically mess up a lateral wellbore - even by operators with a lot of experience.

Always good to temper expectations - Just my opinion. 

When Indigo acquired Haynesville rights after being a horizontal CV focused company for the first half of the LA Haynesville play, I asked Jay his opinion of the company's ability to drill Haynesville wells.  His answer was that the horizontal CV wells were considerably more challenging compared to drilling Haynesville horizontal wells.  It was shortly thereafter that I ran across the fact that Brammer was the contract operator for Indigo and had experience drilling both horizons.

Totally agree - but this is not cookie cutter drilling and completion. Errors, mistakes and less than optimum work program can take place even with the most experienced operators.

Rock Man, about half of the Haynesville/Bossier operating companies are on the Brammer client list I linked.  In addition to Indigo and Chevron, there is Covey Park, BP, Rockcliff, BHP Billiton, Ensight IV and Aethon.

Rockman, I was surprised to find that and after looking... they were drilled last year and I just figured out that they were completed when the production finally got reported. Several months worth showed up in July.

The wells are:

365-38344, Curtis-Kirby #3HH, DP #827891, Lease ID #283965

365-38356, Adams-Burns #1HH, DP #830705, Lease ID #284359

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service