I am sick and tired of reading post after post of landowners who have been taken blatant advantage of by a particular O&G company. 

I want to know if all of us dissatisfied landowners can come together and file a class action lawsuit against them?  If this is not possible, what can be done to make them stop stealing from us and give to us what is rightfully our's?

Surely, they cannot get away with the horrible way that they have and are treating us.

Views: 6959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roy, if  you have proof, please send it to my email address, I will take it with me next week when I meet with the Attorney from the LA State Attorney Generals office. Also, any one that has good evidence of wrong doing, etc. let me know, you would be welcome to go with me to the meeting in Baton Rouge. 

I could not possible make the trip. just had open  hear t surgery and now a pacemaker put. all the company will have to say " we are working on well" we are reworking it and the Louisiana JUstice would say that is fine. the last time i checked the wells, two wells on has been shut in for about three years as a possible utillity well. now they are calling it active.  The am smith is the only well making anything and that is not much. when the am smith makes anything they carry the jg murphrey which has been shut in for quite a while as producing the same thing. Last time i went by both wells the top valve or flow valve was shut tight. wen t across road to the am smith which the murprey goes to, smith valve was shut tight. the jg murphrey est meter 0000. the Am smith meter 0000. the compression was down. nothing flowing and my wife got a $7.00 check. she called and they are going to look into it . the employee claimed both wells active which they were not, you cannot flow oil or gas with the valves closed and the meters say yesterday 000 today 0000. I have  the ag's email. when my wife decides to i will mail him my notes.  thanks for the offer, but my heart has just about had me down for over a year, now i am trying to slowly get over the insertion of a pacemaker and a defibilator. i have been checking the well every so often, but i am not able to get around much now. maybe this pace maker will put me back in business. the employee from exco tell here they are two active wells and that is what is listed on sonris, but it is not true. a third well has a stk of something oil distilate, for two or three years and is shut in as a possible utility well thank you sir.

Roy, I'm sure you are a nice guy, but you have no idea of my background, my family history, etc. Moreover, it is inappropriate to make such assumptions but unfortunately a common practice when someone is unable to discuss issues on a substantive basis. You may have encountered CHK employees who were rude. That was not because they were told to be so, and it does not make CHK a disreputable company. O&G companies typically support local charities and community services as a matter of good community relations. That is smart and helps the locals. They do not pay off politicians or give people "really good royalties.". Folks who receive high royalty payments either own mineral estates under good wells, or own large amounts of minerals, or both. You allege that CHK has engaged in lying and covering up hidden expenses. I have no idea what that means, but again, if you have any facts rather than unfounded impressions, there are many members on this board who would try to help. No one, however, can respond to irrational rants, and ignorant personal attacks are most unfortunate. Finally, I can tell you that companies do occasionally reduce rates and even shut in wells due to market or other conditions. That is legal and justified from a business perspective. Again, its not what we want as royalty owners, but you must recognize - the oil companies want to make as much money as possible, and we earn a portion of that. Honestly, they have better things to do than try to cheat us little royalty owners out of a few bucks.

You are right about your background. i made my assumptions on your writting. wrong or right about that. Chesapeake is not a reputable company. I and many around them have dealt with chk a good while. my dealings, our dealing with them makes them very unreputable company. Could be the employees were lying on their own.  all I know for is that they were lying and they were short changing the small landowners.. they support charties, local politicans, that is good, but does not help with short changing they do to the small land owners and sometimes the larger land owners. If i knew what i did now they would not have my lease. You are making unknown post "Urratuinal rants" You are proably a smart man, as a lawyer, but you talking about something you know nothing about . you are the one making irrational rant. Ignornat, you are talking from you mouth before your brain engages. they might have better things to do but they are definetly cheating the land owner.  too many post beside my post. As a lawyer you should know better than to post  something like this. Any yes i have talked to a lawyer. he looked the papers over said Chesapeake is running a scam.  to you it may be a few bucks, to me it meant quite a bite.  i have worked the land since i was about 12 years old. My father farmed it before that. we lived in a shotgun house without electric. but my father worked day and night to get out out of the poverty, that we did not realize we were in, until i got to be a grown man. we got out . i still own land . I did not make the kind of money you make, but i still ended up a fairly good shape.   You are the one who is spouting the BS. I am not ranting and raving, whatever you call it, i are telling the truth, which will be hard to prove, but no less the truth. I am not one of your, i know what you are thinking, rednecked, ignorant, trailer trash i don't need to hear they rantings. For a lawyer you are taking like a ignorant uneducated person.

You have posted several times on here, PLEASE tell us of your back ground, what interest do you have in here that makes you correct. What Board are you talking about? Do you sit on a Board of Directors for CHK? What. As far as the giving back to comunities, yes but that is just paint. They need favories from these comunities and it is TAX deductable. What do they do for other comunities that help the small towns, the unincorporated places. Pelican for example, what has they done for this community. My Dad was born there in 1901, graduated from the High School there in 1919 and worked for the Standard Oil Company that had the big station just out of Pelican then went into the Oil Fields in Arkansaw, then back to East Texas and then South Louisiana. I remember going to Pelican in the 1930's visiting my Grandmother there. His sisters taught school there in Pelican and later in Mansfield.  My roots go way back in that area.

Go to the Pelican Liabrary, visit the Pelican Museum located in the Liabrary, look at the two display cases there and check out the contents. My brother, sister and my self had the display cases made and donated the cases and contents  to let people know what Pelican USED to be like.  I have worked with Oil Companies since I was just out of highschool, all except the time I was in the military and college. The OLD oil companies that I grew up working for and with are not there any more. The companies are now run by MBA's with no knowledge of the acutal work. Their only interest is the bottom line for this year, in hopes that they will get a bigger offer to get out of there before the problems they have caused come to bear.  

That is a very excellent post.  You are talking about the areas that I grew up in. My Aunt lived and taught school in Pelican. I visited their many times. Her son still own the homeplace. Now that you have said it. I will too.The gifts, which was needed to the Sheriff's office, the city of mansfield, the police jury the school board , were and i donot care what mr Brewster or anyone else says was in the form of bribes. the gifts were needed and they were used for a good purpose. also their leases were in the area of 25000 and they got millions  stacked in banks in NO. Now that the big money has slowed they had the guts to ask for a tax on the 750.000 dollar animal shelter. It failed. The smaller land owners, most were under the old type leases.  I had a small acreage, the lease was running out on. JW associates of Shreverport handled it for Chesapeake. they threaten me that they were going to drill under the older lease if i did not sign as they asked. the employee called me a number of times with the same old story. I told her that i had heard the same story for the last 60 years and they had done nothing. I finally got a better price and signed. if i knew what i did now Chesapeake would n ever have gotten the lease. DeSoto parish officials, legally have been paid off. nothing anywhere illegal about it. It took me about three to four months to find out they were holding out expenses.  they beat around the bush and never ever told me the truth, untill one employee slipped up and sent me a copy. I ask for two more months copies, by email. never recieved them. ask for them by phone, i will get them out to you. never received them. called back and was told they did not have to send them and they were not sending them . this is expenses held out of my income, not taxes, before i get my check. that is besides all the other crap they are pulling. Mr Brewster, i usual don't make much noise on here, because most people get along. they have their differences, of course, they do not act like hime, Mr Brewster as a lawyer, is acting just like he told me ignorant, ranting about some thing, that he already knows is true.

Roy, please send me an e-mail to my address, lgsmith.pe@gmail.com. I have several Aunts that taught school in Pelican also. They finished college way back at what is now Northwestern.

It may be legal but it's still not right! I have 2 wells about a mile apart, same field.  2/12 Chesapeake $2.17-Encana 2.58,   3/12 Chesapeake $1.95-Encana $2.48, 4/12 Chesapeake 1.65-Encana $2.07, 5/12 Chesapeake $1.62-Encana $2.01

Got this today from Seeking Alpha:

Thursday, August 9, 5:59 PM Chesapeake Energy (CHK) says it is the subject of a U.S. antitrust investigation over possible violations in its purchase and lease of oil and gas rights. CHK reportedly plotted with Encana (ECA) to suppress land prices in a promising oil and gas play in Michigan. Shares -1.4% AH. (10-Q)

VERY INTERESTING.

I strongly suspect that CHK and Encana were engaged in negotiations for a joint venture. I doubt there was illegal collusion or price fixing.

I suggest you do some extensive research about this company and the problems they have. You seem to have a very positive about them, Do some research then you can tell the Royalty Owners that are being screwed by them how you feel. I have done work for Attornys on wrong doing, product libility, etc. I do not accept work from an Attorney until I have read transcripts and checked out all details. I am not a HIRED GUN for any one, I want the truth to come out and the guilty ones pay. I have never been on the end of a loosing case because I did my homework first. I am a Roualty Owner and have seen and am still seeing what is going on. I am owed 5 months royalty payments right now. They are producing gas, selling it and NOT paying Us, that in my book comes to stealing and fraud.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service