Trying to get a feel for the discussion format that fits the purposes of this site. The old one brought the most current discussion to the top, so when a discussion got heated and had alot of responses, it was on full display. The new category gives it by category topic. This way if someone wants to go have a politcal banter, they go to the proper category and it remains in that category. Here's the deal - I need to know what you all want. I know there was some initial distaste for the new format, but please, give it a week and then decide. Let me know what you think...now and then a week from now. If a strong majority would like to keep the old format - I'll gladly do it.

Haynesville

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe change the member agreement to banish politics from the main page. Those that wish to duke it out can have their own squared circle on a separate page.
Keith,

Thank you for taking the time to try and improve the website and also for trying to keep the off topic and political posts off the main page. The new format does not seem to be as user-friendly as the old one though.

Either way you decide to do it, I'm just happy that you do any of it at all. Thank you.
Sir Keith, Like everyone else I am opposed to change when it first comes about. This having been said, I will admit that sometimes I have found that in the long run, change is necessary. I visit your site numerous times daily and have very much enjoyed the shale topics, and quite frankly have been disgusted with the bickering between members, and the political topics.
As I am using the site to learn more about the shale, I will adhere to the belief that I was born with 2 ears and one mouth for a reason. Therefore unless I am asking a question, or know that of which I speek, I will I will continue to remain silent. Thank all of you who share your knowledge on this site.
I vote for the old format. I like to look at the most recent comments.
I come here for HS related discussions. If this new format gets me past all the other, non-related discussions, I will work with it.
Keith,
I liked the old format better. Now, having said that, I must get on my soap box a bit. I find a lot of the comments about the way GHS has gotten away from its initial intent to be quiet disengenious. Some of you that complain about the other threads have indeed posted on many of them. If it is something that you don't want to be a part of or read.............don't. Politically and economically, things are bleak. If we can use a little humor to bring some light into our lives, what can it hurt. Again, if you don't like the thread, overlook it and go onto the ones that you are interested in. I realize that I will get a lot of comments from this reply. So be it. I will just put my big girl panties on and deal with it!
Mrs. C - I agree. See upper left corner of main page, under logo ... it reads ...

All things pertaining to the Haynesville Shale and making the Ark-La-Tex central to Natural Gas (CNG) exploration & development.

The development of this play is a process that involves human beings, can't factor out the emotions, sorry. For those displeased with our human emotions ... please excuse us, we're still under construction ... God isn't finished with us yet. But, IMO, the historians in the future are going to just love this. The new moderators should be of help, too. In the meantime, for those of you displeased, just step around us!

Best - sesport :0)

PS - I think someone has just been Hoverrounded!
electrodynamics, the problem will always be the industry - if it's on fire I doubt anyone will make many unrelated posts, if it's not then, unless the site dies, other stuff by default will pop up. Also, not every member can comein and speak oil and gas right away. Would I tell them to not post until they can speak "intelligently?" No.
Ah, GD, so those with mucho $$$$$ will have the freedom to make unlimited posts, but those in the lower income brackets will be restricted. Interesting concept, control the voice of the working class by forcing them to decide where to spend their money.

GD - off topic and irrelevant, IMO, lol. We'll just have to agree to disagree about paying for posting. Re. people buying beer & cigarettes, nope, would rather see them buying milk, fruits, veggies for their kids. School supplies, too.

old format all the way

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service