Genesis Is completing a 20" pipeline (350,000 bbl/d) from Port Hudson into the Exxon Refinery in Baton Rouge. They have added tanks at the Marathon Tank Farm South of St. Francisville and are building several new tanks at the old Maryland Tank Farm North of Baton Rouge. This site also will include a rail unloading facility. None of this is reported on Genesis' website.

One of my sources told me today that the next leg of the Pipeline will go North from the Marathon Tank Farm South of St. Francisville 60 miles into the heart of the TMS. It looks like they are laying in the infrastructure for a lot of production to come out of the TMS.

Views: 3050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

skip, thanks. i found a used copy on amazon for $3.00. note: shipping is $3.99.

Hope you enjoy it, jim.

To add a little more info. This new pipeline will go from the Marathon Tank facility South of St. Francisville to Liberty MS. Does anyone out there think that they are going to be moving Canadian or Bakken Oil through a pipeling originating in South Central MS?

if the pl originates in s ms and then runs to a unit train facility on the river corridor, i'll suggest another possibility; they could be planning to move natural gasoline to the train loading facility. though, i'm not aware of a lot of fractionators in ms.

there's a huge market for natural gasoline in canada. they call it "diluent"and they use it to cut the viscosity down on their heavy oil production. in do doing, it can then be shipped by pl or rail car to  be refined. and, if it isn't diluted, it's not going anywhere unless shipped in insulated tank cars.

After going to the Marathon facility then it goes to the Pennington Dock on the River. That would allow it to be transported to Canada by barge. Interesting idea. 

Yep.

Just bought an option on land for tanks in Liberty.

I have to agree with Joe. A 20" line between those 2 points sounds like TMS crude oil to me

Thanks Steve. It looks like Exxon is planning to bring a lot of oil into the BR plant. My guess is that some of this oil will be coming from the Bakken. But I still maintain that they are quietly setting up infrastructure to move oil form the TMS into the BR plant.

imo, xom is hedging their bets vis-a-via the keystone xl p/l. their canadian affiliate, imperial oil, has a major project soon to be online, the kearl oil sands project.

it's big enough that it's been featured prominently in past/current annual reports. ideally, they'd move that production via the p/l, but given all the politics involved, imo, they can't just hope that it gets approved/built. 

Joe,

The capacity of the project exceeds, IMO, the demands and appetite of Exxon. The article clearly says that Exxon plans on using  only a portion of the facility and that implies Genesis plans to have other customers. They even use the term "customers" in the article. I am also believe that Exxon primarily/exclusively cracks poor quality crude at the B.R. facility, so if that is true and remains the case, then some of the  terminal capacity would be going somewhere else besides Exxon, unless Exxon plans to greatly increase its production of tar or plans to retrofit to process high grade crude. I believe the better guess is they plan to put a lot of sweet crude through the Genesis facility, not just crap oil. so, Joe, I think you are on to something but it will not be Bakken oil or oil for Exxon exclusively.

Steve,

Originally, I was told that the pipeline was to the BR plants. It was to service both Exxon and Placid at Port Allen. They have drilled under the River and have a line to the West side and Placid. It looks like the original info that I was told is correct and that agrees with what you are saying..

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service