Received a letter today that will create 8 new units in Red Oak Lake Field. I'm new at trying to upload attachments, but here it goes! BJ

Views: 202

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

My family owns land in the Red Oak Lake Field. There is an existing shallow well producing in the section that our land is in. What are the chances of a well on our section due to this? I think other people in this section were able to lease, we were not because the old well is my families, but if they were able to lease then surely the section well be drilled?????
My family owns land in the Red Oak Lake Field. There is an existing shallow well producing in the section that our land is in. What are the chances of a well on our section due to this? I think other people in this section were able to lease, we were not because the old well is my families, but if they were able to lease then surely the section well be drilled?????
If the lease(s) held in force by the existing well cover a unit smaller than the section (640 acres) and a Haynesville unit is formed with boundaries the same as the section (I'm guessing this is the case considering your statement that some landowners were able to lease), the chances are good that a HA well will be drilled prior to the expiration of those new leases. You would receive royalties from the new well but at the royalty rate of your old lease.
That is how I had it figured in my head....but was really afraid that I was using WISHFUL thinking. Thanks for your advise...You are a real asset to this forum!
Heard some news today from a neighbor in Sec. 35 12N R 9W, that CHK surveyed for a well pad there and this neighbor was approached this morning for a pipe line coming through his property. It seems that CHK will have a well on S35 12N R9W, Encana on Sec.25&26 12N R9W, and Petrohawk has applied for a unit in S36 T12N R9W. WE ARE WRAPPED WITH COMPANIES PLANNING TO DRILL!!! Does anyone out there have any info on why T12N R9W is being rewarded so?
BJ, I chalk it up to two factors:

1) Initial well results from the southwest across the Red River probably indicate that wells in T12-R9W should be economic.

2) Some leases expiring in 2010.
Thanks for the info.
What about 11N 9 W anything there?
Fngrs, just the EnCana well currently drilling in Section 29.
when do leases in sec 4 expire any idea?
Fngrs, I do not have any specific information but I would not be surprised if some of those leases have expiration dates in the 2nd half of 2010.
Thanks, I am really not sure if there are leases...are there? Do you have that info? My acerage is hbp but i believe it is only ours...very old lease and i think others were allowed to lease this go around...not sure that...and that was the info I really would like to know....do you have this? Thanks!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service