only 4200 mcfd. Is this the area or the operator?

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did not mean to sound like I was complaining, just hoping for better. Would chk or hk done any better? Has samson had much experience in this play?
Catfish. This was SC's first horizontal HA completion in NW. LA. And the Flowing Pressure on this well is low (1800). Unfortunately SC is the only operator drilling in this part of the Play at this time. In 17N -11W SC has the Gilmer 22H (Section 22) which TD'ed 7-20 and Gray 27H (Section 27) which should be building its curve about now. In 18N - 11W SC has the Hall 34H which TD'ed 5-4 and has not had a status update since it reported waiting on a completion rig on that date. You will just have to wait it out. Good Luck.
Arent both Petrohawk and Chesapeake presently drilling this far North and even 18N? Would this one well give them pause and rethink their drilling plans?
Catfish, as has been stated this is a fairly decent rate for the initial horizontal well in this part of the play. The rate is comparable to the early wells in East Texas and can improve with more experience.

Samson, Deltic Timber 12 #1 Well, Serial #239201, S12-T17N-R11W, Bossier Parish, 4200 Mcfd, 20/64" Choke, 2580 psi Flowing Pressure
Les. The Flowing Pressure you quote is from the Scout Info reported 5-19. The 1800 psi I posted was from the Well Test section reported on 7-9. Both calculated on the same choke. Is that a normal variance for <60 days?
Looking in the Times this sunday I saw many mediocre wells in great township-range's such as 15N 13W etc.
Does anyone know how many fracs were done on this well? The number and size seems to make the difference in production according to Chesapeak and Petro Hawk.
Terry. The number of frac stages are not always included in the SONRIS Scout Info for a well but the lateral length was right at 4,000'. The average frac stage length for most operators is approximately 300-360'. Eleven would be about normal for this lateral length.
Terry, there was no information regarding number of stages, lbs of proppant, how many stages were successfully pumped, etc. Samson could have had a conservative design for this well.
I predict better results from the Gilmer 22, which is 2 miles to the SE of the Deltic Timber well and only 3 miles north of some HK wells that IP'd in the 14-15 Million range. It is a 1st well operator issue IMHO.
Where is the like button? Oh, I forgot, this is GHS not facebook.. joking guys.

SB, I hope you are right about the Gilmer well.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service