There's a rumor that Devon is suspending further activity in NW Shelby County. This includes Samford 1h. Can anyone confirm?

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ken. Hmmm we are in Houston on business and just decided to drive on over to Center and check the site. Will let u know what we see or don't see! Only connection to Patricia Samford 1H is the same last name :(. Wish them well, too.
Later
s
Sharon
Bad news... Forest just drilled and abandoned a Haynesville well about three miles west of Joaquin. I don't know well name.
How did you hear about it?
If true, the well would be the May Unit #2 in the J. E. Haley, A-284 survey. I believe it was drilled as a vertical. Well # 419-31592.
SB--Baker Hughes rig count site still show rig on the May's well today
That is the right well, no doubt. The vertical was a Wildcat exploratory test but it was permitted horizontal in the HA, also.

If you look at the attached picture you can kinda see why they wanted to try this spot... unless you believe in the state line fault, of course. Comstock is NE of Logansport, CHK is SE and Classic is in SE Panola Co. (NW of Joaquin).
Attachments:
Looks to me like the Forest well MAY BE side-tracked (and POSSIBLY they had to call P&A on the original hole) but more likely they plugged back part of the vertical hole and side-tracked into the lateral run. My rig report (not Baker Hughes) shows Patterson rig 523 drilling ahead @ 10,595' on 8-06-10 (Friday). Top of pay on the May #1 was 10,250' in the Center (Haynesville) field.
jfree1----where do you obtain the update of rigs drilling at what depth in texas such as you reported on the Patterson rig 523. Can you share your source?
Rig Data.
jffree1==yes current up to date rig data===where is it from?
rigdata.com
thanks

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service