Shreveport Times: Oil & Gas Activity: Sunday, May 10, 2009

The attached from the Shreveport Times had quite a number of Haynesville Shale well test results.

Views: 72

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some pretty smart guys have told me that the Haynesville wells only get about 15% of the frac water back.
SB, some of the operators have stated that in public comments. The remaining 85% dribbles back over the next 30 years.
Boby, my impression is due to the high pressure and flowing characteristics the operators believe they can flow at a representative gas rate before being completely cleaned up. In some cases operators have reported well rates that are slightly higher than the rate shown on the state potential report and that may be reflective of being after further clean-up.
Les do you by chance know how many gallons of water are being used in these fracs?
Boby, I believe the larger multi-stage frac jobs use 2.0 to 2.5 million gallons of water. So 15% would equate to about 7,000 barrels of water.
KB, it just means it is targeted one section of the Haynesville (Shale) such as the Lower Haynesville.
Jay. Could you provide a short over-view of HA reservoirs? The vast majority of drilling & production unit applications are for HA RA. Apps for HA RB are fewer but not rare. Apps for HA RC and HA RD are quite few in number. A related area of interest for many members would be shale thickness. Although thickness in feet is often referenced, there is a difference in gross and net thicknesses. Les B. or Spring Branch, feel free to jump in please.
Earl/Earlene. Didn't mean to leave you out. Likewise, boby w.r., Scott, and KB. This is a topic I have wished to see discussed but just haven't gotten around to it.
KB, I am doing some work now but believe designations are arbitrary without any significance.
Skip, as Jay said there is no geologic difference between HA RA, HA RB, HA RC, etc. The Reservoir designation is prely arbitrary and is equivalent to the same interval. For example in the Red River-Bull Bayou the interval was defined in the Haynesville Zone, Reservoir D application. The applications for Reservoir B & Reservoir C did not even have to include an interval definition because the Haynesville Zone had been previously defined.
Gingles, I show two different wels as follows:

Chesapeake, McCoy 9 #H1 Well, Serial #239456, S9-T11N-R15W
Chesapeake, McCoy 16 #H1 Well, Serial #239760, S16-T11N-R15W
Can anyone tell me if the McCoy well listed in Section 16 nonunitized is horizontally drilled into 16 or back into Section 9. There is seemingly conflicting information about this well. On SONRIS, the well is listed as McCoy in Section 9. Thank you.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service