Encana has permitted to this formation in north Desoto. I have heard that Petrohawk has 2 test wells to the Smackover in south Caddo. Is this a 3rd gas formation or part of Bossier and or Haynesville?

Tags: formation, smackover

Views: 1215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought there was a H2S disposal well in southern Ark. Am I wrong in this?
The H2S content is not that high up on the state line. I think it is something like 2 ppm where the pipeline cos only start to monitor it when it reaches 4 ppm. I did a research project on it back in early 2000s and talked to one of the main carriers and they told me that they wash it with an amine treatment and mix it in with the sweet gas in the line.
Treating the stuff sounds like it adds some to the production cost of delivering the stuff. Any idea how much?
Electro
You are correct about getting this stuff excluded in a lease. Thanks for the Dow It clears up a lot of questions I always had.
That is what I think. I have been reading about the brown dense in the state line and I think that is going to be the focus. Not just in the state line area but others as well.
Well, it 14/14 Desoto, the 5th SEISMIC SURVEY is underway. Just started it Friday. The last crews were pretty open about looking for the Smackover. This new crew is a lot more sophisticated and very tigh lipped.
I wouldn't believe anything the seismic boys say.
TD,
Your right, the guys on the siesmic crews know nothing about the results.
Not only that, they take pride in telling the biggest bullsh*t story to the landowner.
The Huge Oil Play Under The Shale!
Skip, might even be the pink sand!
Maybe even diamonds!
Nearly every project I have ever worked, the landowners have said that a siesmic crew had came through and told them about the big finds under their property. Some of those crew members hung around in the evening with the landowner and drank their ( the landowners) beer.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service