SNAPSHOT OF THE PLAY: HA DRILLING & PRODUCTION UNIT APPLICATIONS/ORDERS BY TOWNSHIP - 01/08/2010

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do believe it's Chesapeake
If you can, please double check when you get the chance. Sect. 28 in 12N - 12W is already under unit order to EOG and, since unit applications are made by field, 8N - 11W (Bayou San Miguel Field) would not be included in an application for 12N -12W (Red River - Bull Bayou Field). The two are 18 miles apart.
Skip --
Double checked. The company is not Chesapeake but SWEPI LP is the applicant.
The cover letter states it is in Reference to: Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A; Haynesville zone, Reservoir A; Bayou San Miguel Field, Sabine Parish, LA.

You caught a typo on my part. The proposed units are s8 t8n r11w, and the corrected remaining two units are s28 t9n r12w and s29 t9n r12w. My friend is very happy not to be in any of the three proposed units, considering SWEPI's track record. Sorry for the error. Keep us straight!

Ps. Have a dependable report of a lease in t9n r13w this past Christmas week --$7750.00/ac bonus and 25% royalty. Unfortunately no section number.
Thank you for double checking. For those members with mineral interests in those sections, I hope that Encana ends up as the operator.
Skip --
Is SWEPI LP the Shell - Encana drilling and operation partnership? So far Shell seems to be moribund in Sabine Parish.
Shell Western Exploration & Production, Inc. is a division of Royal Dutch Shell. SWEPI and Encana are 50/50 partners in the Haynesville Play. Encana is the operator in some of the HA units formed by SWEPI.
this answered a question I had in our unit section 6 14N 9W, about the drilling of the first horizonal well. My new question would be, forest oil drilled the first two vertical wells. Why did they not drill the Horizonal? Did they sell the rights or how does that work? Last question. Is this section and township a possible area that will have both bossier and haynesville wells totaling 16 per section. thanks
How are things looking for T5n and T6n? I have heard that there is some leasing activity in that area, just don't know how reliable the source was. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, any info on T8n R11W I have 160 acres in sec 34 which touches sec 28 and sec 28 has been unitized.
Jason. 6N or 5N, any range, is far outside the boundaries of the HS Play at this time. If there is any leasing in that area I doubt it is related to the HS. The furtherest south HA units are currently in 8N - 14-10W. 8N -11W has a SWEPI unit in Section 6 and Encana units in 19-21, 28, 29. In those 5 southern most townships there are 180 sections and 4 HA wells permitted of which only one is currently drilling. It could very well take much of 2010 to determine the prospective nature of the HS in those townships.

The one well drilling is by Comstock in Section 3 of 13W. In other words, the far north section tier. The three permits are in 18N -14W and reach to the southern most section tier. These are Forest Oil permits. From the Forest Jan. 7 news release on 2010 guidance:

Haynesville Shale - North Louisiana

Forest currently has one operated horizontal rig running in North Louisiana and intends to increase that count to three in the first quarter of 2010. With this rig count, Forest expects to drill 12 - 16 operated wells during the year.
Skip, as always, thankyou for your help. I really appreciate it as do most on this site. Any guess as to how far south the play will go? I have read that they have pretty much drawn a line in the sand for the northern core line.
Jason. That question is above my pay grade. However I would make the observation that north Caddo and other areas of the Play which are found to lie outside of the core area of the Play could very well be economic in the future at higher nat gas prices. And even the major shale players can not be certain of the prospective nature of outlying areas without drilling a hole in them.
Skip,
Question here: According to your map, is Township 9 North-Range 10 West (section 3) on the outskirts?

Lutty

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service