I happen to live near about 10 large pipeyards east of houston. Just a few short years ago they were mostly abandoned and had been so long enough to grow trees. Then in the last 5 years they began to come back into operation. Well just in the past couple of months they have really boomed. I passed by today and there were trucks lined up 10 deep waiting to haul. And the pipe is stacked up so high and wide that it looks like cord wood. Thousands and thousands of pipe. Much of it is drill stem I believe. What does this mean? I know it is an indicator of some sorts but is it good or bad? These yards have never looked like this in at least 20 years!!! is it stacking up because of lack of drilling or are they gearing up to drill?

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Held by grazing. ha haha Snake you have to be the coolest dude.
By the way, the NFR well in northwest shelby co. just finished being drilled and has 30+ frac tanks and is being fraced as we speak. Good news.
Hey, we're starting to hear all kinds of reasons why leases aren't valid, why drafts aren't being paid. I'm sure there will be new ways invented to be "held by." Right now, I suspect Mr. Stewart is being "held by fringe."
What other details, if any, do you know about this well? Did they do any core work? Any idea what interval they are fracing? The well was permitted in Rodessa, Travis Peak, Cotton Valley, Cotton Valley Lime and Bossier Shale fields.
has anyone heard about the 3d results in the center texas area.
I'm guessing you won't hear much about the 3D results. That info is usually tighter than a drum for a long time. Anyone caught discussing it outside their own company could be fired in a heartbeat. And in times like these, don't think anyone wants to take a chance.
Mark, I dont have any other info on the well yet. sorry. they were permitted to 13000 but may not have drilled all the way to that depth. It will be interesting to find out.
What kind of pipe has a wall thickness that's about an inch or more thick?
It didn't look all that large of diameter, maybe 12 inches OD.
I saw some on a trailer like that the other day.
It certainly looked heavy duty what ever it was for!
Pipe that big is for pipelines. Without seeing it it could be anything, water, sewer, forcemains, nat. gas,....

Many of times 12'' iron pipe will be used for exposed water mains along bridges.
What struck me as unusual was the wall thickness. It looked more like a cannon barrel!
Thanks Jim krow, thats good info.
Robert,
Thank you for answering Gone Fishen's question. I cannot believe how a simple question turned into a heated debate. This is potential good news... :)

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service