Township 22 Bossier Parrish
Hello to all of you in Township 22. I don’t really know what is going on in that neck of the woods but I have been doing some thinking. If the shale does reach this area the township needs to pull together. If I understand correctly (I may not) a township can pull together and it is easier for the community and the company that wants to lease the land. (The company only has to send ONE LANDMAN not 100’s; this is less money they have to shell out.) Only one lawyer has to be hired to represent the community and the cost is spread among the community. So anyway I was thinking we might need to do something. If we could get a list going with some sort of contact information we would be ready at the first sign of a Landman. Thoughts / suggestions?

Tags: -, 22, Bossier, Parish, Township

Views: 1175

Replies to This Discussion

I will not be able to make the meeting on the 26th. Will you please let us know what takes place. Thanks
I would suggest pulling together but maybe as smaller groups. Each township is split into ranges. I would suggest having a group for each Range in township 22. 11W, 12W, 13W, 14W could each be organized and managed more easily. I would suggest the heads of each group work together and negotiate as one if possible. A quick glance at a map suggest township 22 in Bossier Parish is comprised of about 70,000 acres. 12 and 13 west are full 36 section townships at 23,040 acres each. I didn't calculate exact acreage in 11 and 14 west but they are roughly half of that. Hope this helps.
Like you tb, I will be unable to attend the meeting tomorrow night. We're having a very special speaker and personal friend from N. C. at our Church tomorrow night and we wouldn't miss her for the world! She is most truly
touched of God and every chance we get to spend time with her...WE DO. Sorry, we can't attend, but like you, we pray someone will bring us up to speed.

Until next time...please rest assured that we are praying for all of our success and many blessings!
Does anybody know who got the PD meeting together?? Or who is presenting what?? Is it O & G reps, or simply investment people?? Just wondering.
I think it's PD locals (maybe from Bolinger).
Swindleville
The flyer says North Bossier Minerals Committee, thats it, nothing about O&G reps or investment people....I sure hope there will be reps or someone there that really does have an interest in PD and wants to lease up everything lol!
I agree!!
Hey PDMAN, we talked earlier. Keep me posted down here. This is all very interesting. I see what you are saying that this is "all the talk". I'm just concerned about reps who may not have our best interests in mind. I'm a skeptic by nature, this all sounds too good to be true. And you know the saying....if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is. LOL. However, I will pray for a blessing.
You are so very right! We are praying too. We'll call tomorrow with all the latest!
Does anyone know the ramification of owning undivided land? I own 4/5 of an undivided 1/2 of 30 acres (12 acres). Anthony Forest Products owns 1/2 of the 30 acres(15 acres)and another individual owns 1/5 of 1/2 of 30 acres(3 acres). If Anthony leases (they have land ALL OVER) is everyone else obligated? Or would everyone else benefit from their large holdings and get the same agreement? Can they make leases with undivided land owners on an individual basis or would it be an all or no one type thing?
Thanks for any info anyone might have.
An oil/gas company has recently twice contacted an acquaintance (owner of surface and mineral rights) of mine with offers to lease in Section 1, Township 22N, Range 12W. Last offer was $150/acre with 3/16th royalty. The offer was refused. I don't know about gas reserves in the area but I do know there have been shallow oil wells NE of there producing for many years. The area is near the Mott community, WNW of Plain Dealing. Previous wildcat wells drilled in Section 1 were Serial Numbers 11456 and 137734, drilled to 3091 and 3144 feet respectively. No production for either well. Will keep everyone posted of any further leasing interest in the area.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service